PDA

View Full Version : The bloody Germans are at it again...

Funkodrom
13-01-2005, 12:23:26
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4170623.stm

Calls are growing for Prince Harry to apologise in person for wearing a Nazi costume to a themed fancy dress party.

Photos in Thursday's Sun newspaper show the Prince in a German desert uniform with swastika armband.

miester gandertak
13-01-2005, 12:29:04
"The Swastika" is the oldest cross and emblem in the world. It forms a combination of four "L's" standing for Luck, Light, Love and Life.

so he's a good boy.

Drekkus
13-01-2005, 12:34:37
From what I heared, the theme of the party was native and colonial. In that light it looks different to me, as a jab at the colonial empires of the past. Or is that too far fetched?

Funkodrom
13-01-2005, 12:38:26
Native and colonial doesn't include WWII Nazis.

zmama
13-01-2005, 12:38:40
No this is

Funkodrom
13-01-2005, 12:40:07
I don't really give a shit about him wanting to wear a nazi uniform as fancy dress if he wants to. Other people have, why shouldn't he?

Drekkus
13-01-2005, 12:40:24
Originally posted by Funkodrom
Native and colonial doesn't include WWII Nazis. No, but does he by wearing that compare them to nazis?

Funkodrom
13-01-2005, 12:41:23
This is Prince Harry, if he's making complex ironic statements like that I'll eat his armband.

Drekkus
13-01-2005, 12:43:39
Oh, ok.

Damn spoon he is.

MDA
13-01-2005, 12:45:20
Originally posted by miester gandertak
"The Swastika" is the oldest cross and emblem in the world. It forms a combination of four "L's" standing for Luck, Light, Love and Life.

so he's a good boy.

but the Nazi Germany Swastika was reversed...

so it stands for kcu_l, thgi_l, evo_l, dna efi_l

Drekkus
13-01-2005, 12:48:54
And Harry is like 90% german anyway, so native does seem right here.

Drekkus
13-01-2005, 12:49:37
Originally posted by MDA
but the Nazi Germany Swastika was reversed...

so it stands for kcu_l, thgi_l, evo_l, dna efi_l Is that a biology/chemistry joke?

miester gandertak
13-01-2005, 12:55:13
if it is....:lol: :lol:

King_Ghidra
13-01-2005, 13:04:48
Originally posted by zmama
No this is

as no one apart from me is going to get that joke i thought i'd better post my :D here

zmama
13-01-2005, 13:05:14
I thought you'd enjoy it :)

Drekkus
13-01-2005, 13:07:54
Can you PHD it for me?

King_Ghidra
13-01-2005, 13:10:09
That pokemon is called farfetch'd

Venom
13-01-2005, 13:17:57
Only a true idiot could have ever thought that this would be a good idea.

Funkodrom
13-01-2005, 13:20:33
He's a royal!

MDA
13-01-2005, 13:21:56
and he marches around wielding that vegetable like a riding crop.

Hogaaaan!

zmama
13-01-2005, 13:25:46
He's my favorite. Theres something about wielding a big vegetable.

MoSe
13-01-2005, 13:30:55
is that a leek?

MDA
13-01-2005, 13:33:19
I like to think so.

Its been so long since I've had a leek.

King_Ghidra
13-01-2005, 13:47:52
i just realised i hadn't had a leak all day. so i went and had one.

Chris
13-01-2005, 13:51:20
He's a royal! Venom could easily 100-nil for such an answer.

Gary
13-01-2005, 14:00:01
I think other folk need to get a grip.

It's a fancy dress party for Christ's sake, not a bleeding Fascist Rally

There's was even some MP/Army type twat on the TV saying that this made him unsuitable to join the army.

What the hell ? It may have been a tactless choice for a prince as he might have guessed it'd be picked up, , but, for crying out loud, it's totally irrelevant.

As I get older I get more disillusioned at other people, and they didn't start with a very high ranking anyway (OK some people, possibly most people. Certainly not all the wonderful people at Counterglow :cute: )

King_Ghidra
13-01-2005, 14:03:33
sorry gary, it's not on.

imagine if tony blair turned up at a party in a nazi outfit, people would be demanding his resignation.

just because it's harry the royal village idiot, he is still a senior public figure and has a responsibility to act appropriately, or face criticism

Funkodrom
13-01-2005, 14:07:12
Prince Philip apparently said "that uniform looks like it was made by Indians"

protein
13-01-2005, 14:08:19
I think it's a good choice of costume.

King_Ghidra
13-01-2005, 14:09:12
in fairness i think the whole thing is very funny, but only in a totally irresponsible and offensive way :D

Funkodrom
13-01-2005, 14:10:58
Known twat acts like a twat - shocker!

Gary
13-01-2005, 14:11:02
What ? More asking for his regignation than do now ? Not sure where you'd find the others to.

And can you compare a youth to a prime minister ? Not well since no one has voted Harry into an important job. He's a kid enjoying himself. (Harry I mean if that wasn't clear.)

MoSe
13-01-2005, 14:12:10
what's a re-gig-nation?
;)

King_Ghidra
13-01-2005, 14:16:32
He is an adult enjoying himself, and also heir to the rule of the nation. Let's be clear, no one is saying anything stupid like he should be punished, but people are saying it was tactless and bound to cause offence when done by someone in his position. Are you arguing with that?

Funkodrom
13-01-2005, 14:18:01
He's only heir if William dies.

Funkodrom
13-01-2005, 14:18:54
That's one of the problems, he's the ultimate playboy prince, he knows he's not getting the throne but gets all the attention anyway.

Drekkus
13-01-2005, 14:20:26
Prince Philip apparently said "that uniform looks like it was made by Indians" :lol: :lol: :lol: Only he can over non pc something that's very not pc.

Funkodrom
13-01-2005, 14:21:25
He didn't really say that, I made it up as a joke.

Drekkus
13-01-2005, 14:29:54
Oh, ok. Too bad he didn't then.

Beta1
13-01-2005, 14:30:19
Originally posted by Drekkus
And Harry is like 90% german anyway, so native does seem right here.

how do you work that out?

His mother was english and while charles maybe half german and half greek you may notice that harry's hair color doesnt exactly run in the family. Well not that family.

Scabrous Birdseed
13-01-2005, 14:36:52
What was James Hewitt's political persuation?

Funkodrom
13-01-2005, 14:37:42
They really do look similar.

Gary
13-01-2005, 14:38:05
Are you arguing with that?

How old is he ? 19 ? 20 ? The only reason he might be expected to even consider whether a particular choice of costume at a fancy dress party was a good choice or not is because he is a prince. And for that reason I think it a very low form of tactlessness only. There would be many fewer objections if he were not. No one else would bother or be expected to bother working out whether it is tactless or not.

And folk have the right to take offence at anything, but whether they are justified in doing so for any particular thing is a matter of opinion. To even consider this something one might take offense at indicates the lost grip of what is and is not important in my opinion.

And if someone is trying to nip Harry's choice of a military career in the bud before it's even started, then that smacks of punishment to me.

Err.. yes, obviously a joke :)

Funkodrom
13-01-2005, 14:43:50
It's great that we've moved on so far that some people now think someone like Harry isn't suitable for the military. :)

Drekkus
13-01-2005, 15:20:26
Originally posted by Beta1
how do you work that out?

His mother was english and while charles maybe half german and half greek you may notice that harry's hair color doesnt exactly run in the family. Well not that family.
Darling: Four verses! Four verses! I meant four verses! Look, I'm as British
as Queen Victoria.

Edmund: So your father's German, you're half German, and you married a German?

Vincent
13-01-2005, 20:42:31
I married a german too

Venom
13-01-2005, 20:45:24
So Finn Willi is a nazi?

Vincent
13-01-2005, 20:47:46
own goal

Venom
13-01-2005, 20:52:21
Got me! Of course he's a nazi. Everyone with German parents is a nazi!

Vincent
13-01-2005, 20:54:36
it's so cute when he's torturing his jewish classmates

Venom
13-01-2005, 20:57:42
That passes for history class in Germany, doesn't it?

Vincent
13-01-2005, 21:03:50
It's too subtle

simpleton
13-01-2005, 21:06:06
I cannot understand all the fuss.
At almost every fancy dress party you see there is a nazy chatting up a wonderwoman in the corner of the living room.

Forget that Harry is a royal, he's just a youngster having fun at a party. By chosing that particular costume does it mean he supports what happened in the PAST?

If the media are going to be so stupid, what about people who dress in togas? Those Romans were barbaric when they invaded lands. Clingons are a violent race. The incrediible hulk is violent. Transvestites subvert our youth etc.

Pick any fancy dress costume and you'll find someone who will take offence.

MDA
14-01-2005, 12:56:06
Easy. People still remember the treatment they received at the hands of the Nazis. Or they know someone with that experience.

protein
14-01-2005, 13:00:26
Hmm. When a jew dresses as a nazi he's considered a comedy genius.

Interesting. :hmm:

Venom
14-01-2005, 13:19:04
That sounds like the normal kind of "satire" that you'd find histerical.

Vincent
14-01-2005, 13:24:32
What about germans dressing as Nazis? Is that comedy genius too?

King_Ghidra
14-01-2005, 13:26:32
yes, do it! webcam pictures!

protein
14-01-2005, 13:30:19
Apparently if you dress as a nazi in germany you could face a three year prison term, if you are an american jew you are a genius, if you are a 20 year old kid you are insensitive and highly offensive.

Anyone got any data on people dressed as jews in dutch-land?

Gary
14-01-2005, 13:31:30
It's a tolerant country, or at least used to be.

Probably give him a spiff and wish him well.

protein
14-01-2005, 13:33:42
Ah, you are a funny nazi guy yes? Have a schpliff and a toashtie. Perhaps you would like the german lagerbeer yes?

Vincent
14-01-2005, 13:36:29
I didn't know that dressing as a nazi is so funny. Sitting in a wheelchair and pretending to be mentally ill, drooling and swearing, now that's clean good fun.

Drekkus
14-01-2005, 13:36:50
Originally posted by protein
Apparently if you dress as a nazi in germany you could face a three year prison term, if you are an american jew you are a genius, if you are a 20 year old kid you are insensitive and highly offensive.

Anyone got any data on people dressed as jews in dutch-land? We had a comedian dress up as a nazi with a gastank on his back running after jews in Vienna. That was seen as not in good taste.

MDA
14-01-2005, 13:42:23
I think he's thoughtless, not malicious.

Venom
14-01-2005, 13:52:18
Whether he likes it or not, he's a government official. At least that's how many people see them. Someone in that position can't dress like that. Is it fair? Not really. But that's the way it is.

miester gandertak
14-01-2005, 13:56:18

Anyone got any data on people dressed as jews in dutch-land? Once i dressed up like a jew, they called me Joodkapje.

Vincent
14-01-2005, 14:01:32
Originally posted by Venom
Whether he likes it or not, he's a government official. At least that's how many people see them. Someone in that position can't dress like that. Is it fair? Not really. But that's the way it is. Göring could!

Venom
14-01-2005, 14:03:54
Fat people can get away with anything.

Vincent
14-01-2005, 14:06:36
Ah, I'll try to get a wheelchair asap

zmama
14-01-2005, 14:11:09
You have the drooling and swearing down already

Vincent
14-01-2005, 14:20:25
Ah, the fun!

The Shaker
14-01-2005, 19:50:15
IF you dress up as a nazi because the film company told you to so they could make money is that ok?

MOBIUS
14-01-2005, 19:57:29
Obviously it's a gaffe - apart from the fact that it was supposed to be a private party, oh and William was with him when he chose his costume...

DevilsH@lo
15-01-2005, 00:10:40
All these bleeding hearts are really beginning to piss me off, this country has become so "PC" there is no fun to be had anywhere.

So he dressed up as a nazi, so fucking what !!!!

He could have gone as genghis khan and no one would have batted an eyelid, aside from the fact that he killed extensively more people than the NAZI organisation did.

Does anyone remember the guy who crashed Will's party dressed as Osama bin laden, was he dragged along the coals for his choice of outfit, no the royals and the police force were battered for the blatant breach of security.

Now why is that funny and yet this isn't??

If anything i think he should be berated for his complete lack of imagination, there were so many possibilities.

He has apologised, wrongly in my view and is now being all but forced to make a public apology, when in actual fact i imagine precisely fuck all of the population give a toss how he was dressed at a private fancy dress party.

As for the "this may effect his military career" bullshit i don't fucking think so, not when you have experienced and seen some of the antics which go on in officers messes of all forces.

The fucking media have alot to answer for, they have free reign to produce what they want and unfortunately the majority of dumb fucktards that sit glued to the gogglebox swallow it hook line and sinker, they all assure they put no bias or spin on the news they present which frankly is complete bollocks, we were watching the BBC coverage of gulf war 2 and all i can say was it was disgusting, the bbc were portraying massive loss of life to british forces, stray bombs (the market incident) which were british only later to be proved to be an iraqi sam, ever since then i haven't watched the news because quite frankly they all talk bollocks.

So harry wore a nazi costume whoop di doo, i wear a raf uniform doesn't make me fucking trenchard!

LoD
15-01-2005, 01:32:40
I was going to refrain from posting, but what DH can't be left unanswered.

Originally posted by DevilsH@lo
So he dressed up as a nazi, so fucking what !!!!

He could have gone as genghis khan and no one would have batted an eyelid, aside from the fact that he killed extensively more people than the NAZI organisation did.

So, DH, having been hit by a heavy blunt object on the head lately? Because that's what I infer from your statement there. No, Genghis Khan hasn't killed nearly enough people as the Nazis. But that's not important. What's important are two things - one, nazism is an ideology of death, destruction and evil, the swastika beings its symbol, period.
Two, there are still people living today who experienced Nazism firsthand (much unlike those who experienced Genghis Khan's rule firsthand). It's really a pity that my family from my grandfathers' generation have almost all passed away. I'd really like to argue those things you've just stated, to, oh, say, one of my (recently deceased) great uncle's, who survived five years of concentration or death camps, and had the pleausure of being dr. Mengele's test subject, among other things.

sleeping_satsuma
15-01-2005, 02:22:49
I don't think DH is in any way denigrating what Jews suffered in WW2. Being in the military he has a fairly constant reminder of the meaning of war.

I think he is pointing out (dubious statistics aside) that the media in this country find fuck all else to do these days but report celebrity gossip and pick on sitting ducks. Not only has their coverage of the Gulf War been dodgy, I've seen reports that they were also showing misleading footage from the recent tsunami. Its also true that this country has gone so PC that its almost impossible to have a conversation without some fucker jumping down your throat because you have offended their differently abled transvestite stepsister.

Personally, I love incidents like these. They are the top reason I support the Royal family. They represent the total incongruity and eccentricity at the heart of Britain. I can understand why people are offended, and I think Harry must have known that was a possibility, but I'm also pretty fed up of everyone thinking they have the right not to be offended by things. How tactless was this really? It was a private party. My last boss went to a Sound of Music party in a village in the Swiss Alps dressed as a Nazi Kommandant last year. That was far more tactless iMHO. Still funny though.

I can't decide whether I'm hoping Phillip gets invited to a fancy dress party soon or I hope the media find something more worthwhile to report. :) but i do know that its very boring all this public contrition stuff every time some public figure does something the moral majority twitch at. Fair enough if its something BIG like embezzling or rape or abuse, but fancy dress? Please!

cue anti-Royal brigade and moral majority...

Vincent
15-01-2005, 09:18:32
There is still a huge Neo-nazi scene here, witha a lot of violent dickheads. In some parts of germany the retrostyle nazi parties are getting voted. Many people are try to stand up against the nazi gangs. They are a problem, especially in times of unemployment etc.
So I think it's not OK if the royals show that Nazis are just a funny episode from the past and make them cute. It could be funny if it was thoght to be shocking, but I guess it was just mindless fun. Like I said, disguising as a mentally handicapped or tsunami victim wouldn't be funny, a galley slave maybe. It's the contemporary context ...

Oerdin
15-01-2005, 09:22:25
Anyone got any data on people dressed as jews in dutch-land?

He'd likely do well until he got to the muslim side of town.

DevilsH@lo
15-01-2005, 09:27:33
Originally posted by LoD
I was going to refrain from posting, but what DH can't be left unanswered.

So, DH, having been hit by a heavy blunt object on the head lately? Because that's what I infer from your statement there. No, Genghis Khan hasn't killed nearly enough people as the Nazis.

Genghis Khan (and his hordes) killed somewhere between low estimate 25 million and high estimate 40 million people.

But that's not important. What's important are two things - one, nazism is an ideology of death, destruction and evil, the swastika beings its symbol, period.

Nothing i said in my post mentioned anything about ideology, belief systems or political leaning, in the 1930's and 1940's i appreciate that this was a widespread following, and even now there is a following across the globe with similar views, but are you suggesting that by a young man wearing a uniform to a fucking fancy dress party, he is taking this ethos as his own..........come on, you can't be that niave.

Two, there are still people living today who experienced Nazism firsthand (much unlike those who experienced Genghis Khan's rule firsthand).

I can understand your issue with this, but even so it makes it no more or less a tragedy than the rule of genghis khan. The russians lost millions during the second world war by far the greatest numbers of combatants and non combatants of all parties involved the majority of these where to weather......so shall we ban people from going to fancy dress parties as mother nature????????????

It's really a pity that my family from my grandfathers' generation have almost all passed away. I'd really like to argue those things you've just stated, to, oh, say, one of my (recently deceased) great uncle's, who survived five years of concentration or death camps, and had the pleausure of being dr. Mengele's test subject, among other things.

In no way do i make light of the pain and suffering recieved from the nazi regime. It offends me greatly that you would even hint at such a thing. I am of a military family, my grandfathers on both sides fought, my uncle has served and i serve, i do it to protect my loved ones, so that the kind of thing you speak of can't happen again.

My post was trying to make the point that the media and the PC brigade have taken a young man, wearing a fancy dress "COSTUME" to a private party has somehow become the furher. That is a load of bollocks, he is no more responsible for the tragedies of the second world war than you or i are.

Why should a teenager be expected to set an example to the rest of the world?? And don't give me the "he is royalty therefore he must act a certain way" did he ask to be born into the life he finds himself??? I think not.

I have spoken to many of the old timers in the legion about this and they don't care, he could have gone as hitler himself and they wouldn't have cared, ex POW's didn't care. The important thing to these men was where the next pint was coming from and who had nicked his old holborn. SO CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME FUCKING PERSPECTIVE FOR A MOMENT.

sleeping_satsuma
15-01-2005, 11:40:35
Vincent,

I think perhaps dressing up as a Nazi in Continental Europe, where occupation is still remembered is probably a BAD idea and highly offensive, but part of what has been termed the 'Dunkirk spirit' is that ability of the British to have a sense of humour about their own misfortune- cheerfulness in times of duress. In Britain we have always taken the piss out of the Nazis and the second world war (and first WW), which is in part our way of handling it- make nazis look like fools and dismiss their power- and in part representative of the British irreverent sense of humour and sense of the absurd. See Basil Fawlty 'Don't mention the War' sketch for further info :)
In an updated setting wearing such a costume to a party is no more offensive here than wearing a vicar's costume- slightly taboo and therefore all the funnier. The mistake Harry made was forgetting the media exist to create furore, and he is a bit of a dick if he didn't think it would get picked up, but he's a teenager with a military sense of humour so he probably couldn't care less.

The Mad Monk
15-01-2005, 12:38:53
...so the tsunami damage is all cleared up, then?

Vincent
15-01-2005, 12:59:04
Basial Fawlty wasn't a member of the british royal family. That makes it slightly different. No matter what he thinks, he's an official representative. That's sad, but he is. People may think he's a normal young man, but in the end he's responsible for his actions normal teens (he isn't much older) are not. So he can damage the relations to jewish organizations etc. I think it a lot of people outside britain think it's slightly uncool to visit a concentration camp after wearing a nazi coustume. Not everyone has that sense of humour, I can imagine especially the people who lost their families in concentration camps in the most diabolical way may have a different idea of humour.

protein
15-01-2005, 12:59:34
I've been on anti-nazi league marches. I've also learned my history and I know what a horrible threat nazis are. On the other hand I've watched Allo Allo and The Producers and laughed at the mocking of nazis.

If someone wears a costume it doesn't mean they take on the beliefs too. If I dressed as a vampire at halloween I wouldn't also go around drinking the blood of virgins and slaying all good people.

As for a member of the royal family being offensive and thoughtless, well, that's what they do isn't it? That and live in massive castles wearing massive jewels and surrounded in vulgar, unnecessary opulence at the expense of their "subjects" - people they own that don't have their magic holy bloodline.

KrazyHorse@home
15-01-2005, 13:04:54
Whether he likes it or not, he's a government official. At least that's how many people see them. Someone in that position can't dress like that. Is it fair? Not really. But that's the way it is.

I agree with Venom.

Fuck. :(

sleeping_satsuma
15-01-2005, 15:08:44
yes Harry made a judgement error, he apologised. Crisis over.
Vincent I think you're being over sensitive to it- he cant 'damage relations', and he isnt YOUR representative he's ours, so its our worry. I wouldn't give a flying toss if the King of Spain or Sweden dressed up as Hitler. He wasnt advocating Nazism and no right thinking person would imagine he was. I think its also unrealistic to expect a young man of any background to take into consideration the views of all nations on a costume he probably didnt expect to make the papers.
If anything I think the papers and all the whiners should be taken to task for wasting so much time on a fancy dress outfit when 150,000 people just got killed in Asia and there's a huge aid crisis ensuing. Kind of puts it in perspective for me.

Oh, and yes its terrible what happened in the camps, but please don't forget that many British people suffered terribly during the onslaught of the Blitz and the bombing campaigns of the 2WW (remember Coventry?), and that during that time the Royals refused to leave London, as did many Londoners, because they were defiant against Nazism.

sleeping_satsuma
15-01-2005, 15:18:06

Thats completely incorrect. The Government are (theoretically at least) state officials appointed by the people and who answer to the Queen since they are her subjects, which is why she refers to them as 'my Government'. Of course, in reality the monarchy have zip power over politics and are just figureheads.

sleeping_satsuma
15-01-2005, 15:29:30
I've been on anti-nazi league marches. I've also learned my history and I know what a horrible threat nazis are. On the other hand I've watched Allo Allo and The Producers and laughed at the mocking of nazis.

If someone wears a costume it doesn't mean they take on the beliefs too. If I dressed as a vampire at halloween I wouldn't also go around drinking the blood of virgins and slaying all good people.

As for a member of the royal family being offensive and thoughtless, well, that's what they do isn't it? That and live in massive castles wearing massive jewels and surrounded in vulgar, unnecessary opulence at the expense of their "subjects" - people they own that don't have their magic holy bloodline.

they do a lot of work for charidee :)

In fact Harry has just completed 3 months in Africa helping and publicising the cause of Aids victims. Lets face it, thats a lot more than most of us will ever do, and no one really bothered with that they just launched into him for the bad thing he did. Most of the Royals have also served actively in the forces- Andrew saw active duty in the Falklands, and Harry and William have both stated a desire to do the same, so I hardly think they're lording it up in quite the fashion you suggest. I'm not saying they have a hard time on a daily basis, and they DO have a massive amount of privilege, but with the privilege comes huge responsibility and pressure to be perfect all the time.
There's no doubt that the Royals occupy an anachronistic position in a democratic society, but I think we do get our money's worth out of them. I think we should have more transparency and more contact, as in Scandinavia, but I think we should keep them on balance.

protein
15-01-2005, 15:47:54
You sound like Angelhorns.

Bollocks do they do stuff for charity. They are told to occasionally do a photo shoot in a minefield just to try and keep the crowds from rightfulkly kicking their palace doors in and getting their wealth back.

Chris
15-01-2005, 16:43:28
Considering the abuse the kid took, its somewhat ironic that the uniform was incorrect.

He wanted it to be Rommel's Afrika Korps, the standard issue uniform did not include a swazika armband, no part of the Heer (regular German Army) used the symbol on an armband, it was strickly used with SS dress uniforms and party members.

He should ask for his money back, if you are going to get hammered, at least have the correct look about it.

protein
15-01-2005, 17:02:23
Yeah, I mean Chris has got nazi memorabilia and swastikas all over his walls and he isn't a nazi. :lol:

Chris
15-01-2005, 17:06:41
I'm not a collector, buy I know a few.

The kid was a fool to select a nazi uniform, the party he attended was supposed to be colonial themed, how he got Nazis out of that is unknown.

But we are talking a British royal here, so expetations must be low from the start, after all his old man thinks Camilla is hot.

protein
15-01-2005, 17:29:00
Absolutely. It's all the inbreeding that's the problem.

fp
15-01-2005, 17:36:44
Originally posted by sleeping_satsuma

If anything I think the papers and all the whiners should be taken to task for wasting so much time on a fancy dress outfit when 150,000 people just got killed in Asia and there's a huge aid crisis ensuing. Kind of puts it in perspective for me.

Absolutely. How quickly the people in this country get bored of real news. With everything that's happening in the world right now, the fact that our national media drop everything as soon as a posh brat puts on a dodgy party costume and people lap it all up sums up most of the stuff I hate about this country.

sleeping_satsuma
15-01-2005, 17:38:35

Bollocks do they do stuff for charity. They are told to occasionally do a photo shoot in a minefield just to try and keep the crowds from rightfulkly kicking their palace doors in and getting their wealth back.

they do loads of stuff, you're just too much of a commie to admit it.

They arent even that rich anymore- JK Rowling is richer than the Queen.

hmmm... was angelhorns also trying to avoid writing an essay on management concepts?

zmama
15-01-2005, 17:53:02
Yes

Vincent
15-01-2005, 17:55:10
Originally posted by sleeping_satsuma
yes Harry made a judgement error, he apologised. Crisis over.
Vincent I think you're being over sensitive to it- he cant 'damage relations', and he isnt YOUR representative he's ours Personally I don't care a shit. I don't belive in kings and queens. I think the french did a good job. I'm not offended at all. He's just another stupid teenageer, feeling not responsible about anything he does. That's life.

But I can imagine some people are concerned. I don't believe in the oh-itsa -all-fun society. I fell some people were offended and I can see why. And Hary can stay yours. Like Bush can stay american. We have enought insensitve arselochers here ourselves. We don't need funny Ausländer nazis, we got tons of them!

zmama
15-01-2005, 17:58:54

:lol:
Sure took you long enough to notice

Vincent
15-01-2005, 18:01:37
Originally posted by fp
Absolutely. How quickly the people in this country get bored of real news. christmas is over

sleeping_satsuma
15-01-2005, 23:25:51
Originally posted by Vincent
Personally I don't care a shit. I don't belive in kings and queens. I think the french did a good job. I'm not offended at all. He's just another stupid teenageer, feeling not responsible about anything he does. That's life.

But I can imagine some people are concerned. I don't believe in the oh-itsa -all-fun society. I fell some people were offended and I can see why. And Hary can stay yours. Like Bush can stay american. We have enought insensitve arselochers here ourselves. We don't need funny Ausländer nazis, we got tons of them!

arselocher is a good word. I shall have to start using it :D

sleeping_satsuma
15-01-2005, 23:40:18
Originally posted by zmama
:lol:
Sure took you long enough to notice

elementary my dear Watson :)

protein
01-03-2005, 12:38:20
:shoot:

MoSe
01-03-2005, 12:46:55
If I dressed as a vampire at halloween I wouldn't also go around drinking the blood of virgins and slaying all good people.

That's because you're a lame impersonator

MOBIUS
01-03-2005, 12:56:26
Oh bravo, MoSe - now you've broken it!:rolleyes:

MoSe
01-03-2005, 13:20:31
you shoul'd've captured it - your fault - things come to pass - yadda yadda blah!