PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love

King_Ghidra
07-01-2005, 12:32:52
http://film.guardian.co.uk/interview/interviewpages/0,6737,1384819,00.html

Wearing jeans, a black polo-neck and a pair of tatty Converse, Portman bears little resemblance to the pink-bobbed, lip-glossed nymphet pouting from the promotional material. For a start, she is much smaller than the camera's obsessive gaze suggests. She is also impossibly fresh-faced and wholesome looking. It is hard to imagine her uttering some of the film's filthiest lines. And yet the part of Alice, a sweet-natured stripper from New York with "the face of an angel" and the chat-up lines of a whore, could have been written for her

the article has another great exchange in it, and credit to miss portman she hits the nail on the head:

Would she agree that nearly all her roles, in different ways, have been versions of the nubile naive that made her famous, that they are all child-women? "Absolutely. But we have to remember that almost all films are written and directed by men. Female characters are women imagined by men, so it's always this classic figure of a sexy woman with a childish innocence."

JM^3
07-01-2005, 13:02:15
I saw her on one of the talk shows one time. (was it the Daily Show?)

She seemed so stupid that I had to leave the room (Because it was ruining my image of her).

Now it could be that she just doesn't think well on her feet. I know I don't.

Jon Miller

Drekkus
07-01-2005, 15:54:32
text?? I want pics damnit!!!

Venom
07-01-2005, 15:59:11
Now if she would have only been a serious actress and show her goodies in that movie.

sleeping_satsuma
07-01-2005, 21:59:53
She's only stating the blindingly obvious

Darkstar
07-01-2005, 22:43:53
That women never write, direct, or produce anything?