PDA

View Full Version : Macromedia Dream Weaver MX 2004

MDA
01-12-2004, 16:11:26
Anyone used this?

I've used Frontpage and Coldfusion, for rinky-dink student webpages. Just signed up for a course in Dreamweaver on the advice of one of our "Staff College" people.

Looks like I'm going to be helping out on an internal "web page" for my division, which was originally done in FrontPage.

Is Dreamweaver better/easier to use?

Does it make you want to sing?

zmama
01-12-2004, 16:29:02
I've used an earlier version of Dreamweaver. I like it much better than Front page. Easier/better.

But no singing

Nills Lagerbaak
01-12-2004, 18:34:25
Dreamweaver MX? Is there only one? In which case I have - I can also recommend a good tutorial book.

It's a good piece of software

Nav
06-12-2004, 11:55:56
I haven't upgraded to the 2004 version yet, but i've been using it since the beginning. Good stuff.

Nasty if you need to use framesets (which you usually shouldnt anyway!)

Jeratain
15-12-2004, 07:21:44
Originally posted by Nav
Nasty if you need to use framesets (which you usually shouldnt anyway!) Damn right you shouldn't! ;)

I use Dreamweaver MX (upgraded to it from 2004) and I wouldn't use anything else (except for TextPad). It supports many styles of server side scripting, and has far better support for CSS than FrontPage could offer. Once you get the hang of it, you will realize its potential.

And if you already have the software, you should run the included tutorials. Macromedia has actually done a great job with implementing the tutorials into the MX suite.

MDA
15-12-2004, 13:19:06
That was well-timed. My class starts in an hour.

I may not realize its potential, but I may learn enough to get the job done. I like computer stuff a lot, but all my training is informal.

They were going to pay an outside contractor 20k just to "look into the possibility of a webpage". We pointed out that the page would be for internal use, and that indeed there would be information contained within it not intended for public viewing (some of it may even have propietary info from our customers), and that for internal use, we could probably make something "good enough". So we're saving the taxpayers a little bit of money, and I get to learn something new.

Beta1
15-12-2004, 13:31:58
you should have offered to do it for 19K

MDA
15-12-2004, 17:23:47
The lead guy on it did. It got good laughs. He'll probably get a day of leave for spearheading this thing.

The fucker bailed on me at the last minute though. I'm the only one on on a team of four taking the class now. Chances are we will continue using Frontpage and I'll have taken this class for nothing.

I may put it to use on my own someday, I suppose. Once you figure out what menus things are located under, its not very difficult.

MDA
15-12-2004, 22:26:44
I just got what was supposed to be 8 weeks of a college course summarized in one day. :clueless:

It was madness, but cool at the same time. I need a :beer: though.