PDA

View Full Version : I beat Command and Conquer.

Deacon
29-11-2004, 07:00:53
Lots of fun, though the AI seemed more defensive than in Red Alert. I sent 25 Light Tanks into a GDI base, and lost all of them after destroying the Construction Yard and Refinery. No counterattack. The only thing that caused the enemy to attack in force was attacking his harvesters. The AI generally attacked frequently and with few units.

Tiberium patches seemed to run out quickly, and it was easy to capture buildings, so I usually resorted to money-making Engineer attacks. Enemy bases usually had towers guarding the entrances, but there were often gaps in coverage. GDI's APC, Grenadier, and Advanced Guard Tower were a good combination for causing "Base Rot".

After enough blows, the AI would go completely defensive and stop sending harvesters or producing units. From there, it was a matter of rotting his base away until it could be finished off with existing units.

I think GDI was easier to play. Better tanks, better artillery, better aircraft, easier base rotting, and cheaper towers.

Funkodrom
30-11-2004, 09:56:07
GDI were definitely better and easier to use, you had to use guerrilla tactics with NOD which were harder to pull off.

Shining1
30-11-2004, 22:27:33
NOD was a lot about the infantry, too. Making groups of 5 rocket launcher guys to deal with tank rushes, etc.

Deacon
01-12-2004, 08:44:49
Infantry are cheap and useful while trying to get a base established, but they don't last long. They were also pretty useful as targets for GDI Airstrikes. The computer typically attacked the closest thing I had to their base, so to avoid Airstrikes in my base, I'd scatter lone infantry around the map. It worked most of the time. Stupid AI. :)

notyoueither
04-12-2004, 10:02:12
Yaayyyy.

*End Is Forever*
10-12-2004, 18:51:54
This the original game? The AI sucked. They weren't clever enough to destroy walls so all you had to do was sandbag yourself up to their base and they were all trapped.

Shining1
10-12-2004, 21:49:55
That's not beating the game, though.

Deacon
10-12-2004, 22:05:40
That should make it easy, though I can't imagine how long it would take to get everything cordoned off.