PDA

View Full Version : Flatspace

Darkstar
25-11-2004, 06:12:22
Has anyone tried "Flatspace"? I just ran across this game on the net, and was wondering if it was worth bothering with.

http://www.lostinflatspace.com/

Darkstar
29-11-2004, 09:29:19
Ok... I've been playing it for a while.

It's very much like a ZAngband in space, although with a bit less fighting in it (lot of RPG mailman activity). You can trade, but as "Pirates" fill the role of wandering maurauding senseless monsters, does keep down your opportunities for just simple trade. You tend to get senselessly slaughtered by maruading bands of pirates.

Other then that, pretty fun.

Oh yeah... you can turn off pirates if you want. Or Cops (defenders of the space lanes, of course). And you can play where "Death isn't Death". Up to you. I'll get around to trying those out, eventually. ;)

MDA
29-11-2004, 15:19:46
Are you playing free or the paid-for version?

It does look pretty cool.

Darkstar
29-11-2004, 19:50:19
Paid for. I figured that good indie developers need to be supported. Of course, that was after a good play of the game to make sure it was worth wasting a few bucks on. ;) At what, US $21, I figure that since it kept my interest for a 4 day weekend, they deserved the money.

Play the demo. It will give you a real taste of the "Standard" game. Not being able to change out EQ on your ship won't hurt you much in the beginning...

notyoueither
04-12-2004, 09:54:39
Originally posted by Darkstar
Has anyone tried "Flatspace"?

No.

Darkstar
04-12-2004, 10:30:23
Yes. :D