PDA

View Full Version : Simply Incredible

MOBIUS
21-11-2004, 11:54:03
Saw the Incredibles last night - simply incroyable!

I can't really think of a thing they did wrong during the whole movie (though it helps that it was a cartoon)!

I loved all the neat touches and clever imagination throughout - even their little warm up cartoon before the main feature (Boundin') was hilarious! Keep up the good work Pixar!

Way better cartoon than those Spiderman movies...!

9.5/10

Rodgers
25-11-2004, 12:06:26
Thank god it's not terrible. The gf is bound to be dragging me to see this soon so I can score points by looking enthusiatic (more convincingly).

fp
13-12-2004, 08:57:37
I agree with everything MOBIUS said about this movie - it's simply awesome and nearly flawless in its execution.
If you haven't already seen this movie then you should do so as soon as humanly possible!

:beer:

sleeping_satsuma
13-12-2004, 19:51:59
I thought it was pretty boring and there was low humour and sympathy content. Would have been better kept to a short. It doesnt compare to stuff like Monsters inc or Shrek or Finding Nemo, perhaps because there's nothing 'human' or emotional to identify with- it all just felt rather bland and disasociated, I didnt really care what happened to the characters, and in fact I nearly fell asleep. I also thought it was all a bit samey whereas the films i mentioned above take you on a journey through lots of different scenarios and show you many characters. I didnt feel there was any character progression in this.

On a positive note, the above films are a bit schmaltzy and I liked the darkness of this one.

Maybe its just me :)

fp
14-12-2004, 13:48:15
Originally posted by sleeping_satsuma
Finding Nemo

:vom:

Darkstar
14-12-2004, 20:12:53
I liked Finding Nemo. It was a good family flick.

sleeping_satsuma
14-12-2004, 22:15:55
Originally posted by fp
:vom:

admit it- you cried like a girl at a Beaches convention!

Darkstar
23-03-2005, 02:59:03
Finally seen the Incredibles. Nice, funny flick. I think anyone who ever liked comic books will find it worth watching.