PDA

View Full Version : Championship Manager, Sims, and Civ recommonded required playing in schools

Darkstar
17-11-2004, 07:17:43
That's right!

Championship Manager is recommended to maths teachers as a tool to get people to learn about math and spreadsheets!

Civ is recommended to teach people how the real world works!

The Sims is recommended required playing for all humans so that they can learn actions and choices have consequences!

Hey, same article says that Rome: Total War is recommended to teach that good leaders always conquer the world, stamp their beliefs on the world, and get extraordinarily rich while doing so!

So, games can teach children to beat up hookers for money, steal cars, kill police, conquer the world for fun and profit (before the world conquers you), and ... how to use Excel? Wow. One thing is not like the others, is it?

(Actual newsie on some educators recommended "positive" games teaching various things can be found at: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/printFriendly/0,,1-535-1347251,00.html )

Sir Penguin
17-11-2004, 08:03:08
I got to play Sim City during Math class in grade 7. It was really fun, too. Then they started doing stuff I didn't know, so like the honest nerd I am I voluntarily rejoined the class.

SP