PDA

View Full Version : Terminator 3

protein
16-11-2004, 18:50:57
I saw this film the other day.

Utter shite.

It should never have been made. It was as if they had made a feature length TV movie based on the Terminator characters but in a completely different, un-exciting style with actors so crap they made Arnie look like De Niro. Actually, Arnie was doing far too much. It's as if he said "I vant to beee challanched by dis role, I vant ze terminaterrr have feelinks".

Darkstar
17-11-2004, 02:22:04
T3 not being filmed would certainly have made no difference. It's a real waste in the Terminator line.

Of course, T4 is coming. I suppose it can only go downhill from 3.

Tizzy
17-11-2004, 09:16:18
I fell asleep watching it the other day, that says it all I think :D

Funkodrom
17-11-2004, 09:37:26
Originally posted by protein
I saw this film the other day.

Utter shite.

It should never have been made.

True.

Venom
17-11-2004, 14:27:01
T3 RULEZ!

This post has been brought to you by the Board of Contrarian Positions.

Lazarus and the Gimp
18-11-2004, 20:18:19
I thought it was an OK action thriller.

Lurker
23-11-2004, 18:32:14
Originally posted by Venom
T3 RULEZ!

This post has been brought to you by the Board of Contrarian Positions.

Even contrarianism has its limits. When you sober up you might want to rethink that post.

Venom
25-11-2004, 02:58:50
No. T3 doesn't rule but it's entertaining. I own the DVD.

protein
25-11-2004, 03:54:31
I knew it would be crap because Arnie took creative control and Linda Hamilton refused to be in it (because the script was "appalling") - but I didn't think it would be at the level of a bad tv movie.

I at least expected bigger and better action set pieces and stunts. The casting of a cute girl as the baddie was a poor, poor move. Sure it might provide wanking material for prepubescent boys but she's hardly sinister. She's barely miffed looking. She wouldn't have been able to say "have you seen this boy?" in a sinister way in a million years. I think at one point she says "I like your clothes". That's hardly scary is it? A pretty chick telling another chick she likes clothes. That's not the behaviour of a terminator, that's just a chick being a chick. "I MUST KILL JOHN CONNER, BUT FIRST I MUST CHECK OUT THE NEW WINTER RANGE AT H&M"

T2 set the bar for action/effects movies with the smelting factory finale. T3 just had a bad CGI helicopter crash as the finale. Well whoopdifrikkin' doo. A helicopter crash? That's exciting. Where's the insane death-defying stunts set on a speeding tanker full of liquid nitrogen? Where's the unstoppable and unrelenting sinister enemy coming to get the lead characters?

The bit that really put me off was at the start. There's a preview of when the world has become a post-apocolyptic wasteland for some absolutely unknown reason John Conner is seen waving an American flag at the passing robot ships while stirring music is played for absolutely no reason... What the fuck is that all about? Surely a worldwide nuclear apocolypse would mean that fundamentalist patriots of all nations would give up their unilateralism and unite as one world - humans vs robots. Besides, John Conner wouldn't be a patriot, he knows exactly who screwed the world up.

I don't know, maybe flag-waving means something completely different for an American audience that I don't get.

Anyway, crap film. Almost as bad as Titanic.

And yes I'm really drunk.

Cumber
25-11-2004, 04:50:47
Yeah. And it would've been nice if John had half a brain cell. When the annoying kid from T2 gives more confidence that he could be the all important saviour of humanity from the evil robots than the all growed up John in T3, there's a problem.

Funkodrom
30-11-2004, 09:44:58
T3 was shit but I thought the crane chase was pretty impressive.

MDA
02-12-2004, 13:10:55
Originally posted by protein
I don't know, maybe flag-waving means something completely different for an American audience that I don't get.

Love the country, hate the politics.