PDA

View Full Version : Sony makes its own micro PC

Darkstar
10-11-2004, 22:15:45
Story about this found at:
http://news.com.com/Will+pocket-size+Sony+PC+take+on+iPod/2100-1044_3-5445517.html?tag=cd.top

Sony is getting into the micro PC business. Seems like everyone wants a piece of a very small market. Must be bragging rights... Micro PCs are great cutting edge gadgets for the geeky.

Deacon
11-11-2004, 09:01:16
Expensive, but it should be able to do more than any Walkman. :)

Darkstar
12-11-2004, 08:49:04
My iPaq does more then any Walkman. :)

I'm tempted to get a Micro PC. Using all Windows file formats natively is a good thing, after using a Pocket PC. Microsoft really missed the boat when they decided to have it use a different format for Word docs. Their teams even admit that it was one of their biggest mistakes. So that tells you how big a fuck up that was. :)

Asher
19-11-2004, 18:01:15
Which iPaq do you use?

I have a h4150.

BTW, there are programs available which translate Pocket Word to Word formats and vice-versa when you transfer from your computer to your iPaq.

Darkstar
19-11-2004, 18:14:03
Yeah, but the format always gets toasted. I haven't seen one that doesn't screw up the format. Know of any?

And Microsoft provides a Pocket Word to Word converter... its called active synch. I just dislike how they screwed up on Pocket Word. "We only made Pocket Word so people could look at Word attachments in their email. We never considered people would actually use it for word documents! That's what the big box is for." is the lead's words on the subject. Bleah. Idiot.

I'm using an old 1955. The last iPaq that was HP and not Compaq, AIR.