PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2

Asher
09-11-2004, 06:58:57
1st level: complete

Impression: Impressive!

To me this game is WAY more impressive technically than DOOM3 (given the hardware, and the scale of the graphics).

The gameplay is like Halo on steroids.

I'm TOTALLY digging dual wielding...

And the Xbox Live support is insanely good. I really like the "Party" aspect, where only friends of mine can see my game and join it...and we can voice-chat as we fiddle with what game we want to play...

the whole Live integration is fucking insane. And the Bungie.net!!! OMG

OMG GOM GOM GOM GOMGOESJG GOJR

*SPURT*

:gasmaske:

Darkstar
09-11-2004, 11:12:39
:lol:
Cool!

Asher
10-11-2004, 15:26:08
I'm totally digging this.

I'm farther in the campaign now. As I was playing, this message notification slide up saying "(gametag here) has sent you a voice message"

So I pause the game, hit Y to view my friends list. There's a message icon from him, so I listen to his message. Turns out they were having a LAN party and he was asking if I wanted in on some multiplayer. So he invited me to his Party and we started. :D

At the same time, my MSN said "(gamertag) has invited you to a game of Halo 2."

Mwaha.

The warthog is a total blast still. It's one of those things where the voice communicator is essential. While manning the gun in the back, or in the passenger seat with a gun, you can yell at the driver "go back, go back!" and coordinate. It's pretty damn lethal once you've got a fully loaded warthog. Pull the e-brake, slide around and let 'er rip. :D

I also like the distance-based voice aspect. You can only hear voices from people around you -- or over your team radio. The farther someone is from you, the quieter they are (excluding the radio). Further, when you talk into your radio to the team (hit the White button to start talking on the radio, it stops automatically when you finish), anyone within earshot of you can hear as well.

There's a shitload of game modes, as well.

Best multiplayer, ever.

Asher
10-11-2004, 15:29:10
Also: "Parties"

You can create a "Party" and invite your friends, and then look for games to join together. This is awesome for when you've got, say, a group of 8 friends and you want to join a 16-player game. Makes it pretty painless to do. :)

fp
10-11-2004, 17:51:09
Originally posted by Asher
Also: "Parties"

You can create a "Party" and invite your friends

This is also possible without an XBox, plus people without XBox's are likely to have more than 16 friends they want to see at any given time.

Asher
10-11-2004, 17:59:58
That is simply not true!

HelloKitty
10-11-2004, 20:24:20
Mac boy has an Xbox?

Asher
10-11-2004, 20:26:51
Since November 11th, 2001.

HelloKitty
10-11-2004, 20:28:06
Admit it, you just say you like Mac so you can attract the stupid artsy college boys. You are an in the closet M$ lover!

Asher
10-11-2004, 20:30:44
If only I could stand stupid artsy college boys. ;)

The BF is a sexy honours chemical engineering student at the best engineering uni in Canada. Stupid artsy boys aren't my type.

fp
10-11-2004, 20:37:54
Well thank god that I'm a genuis artsy type. I still have a shot!