PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Online Uncancelled!

HelloKitty
08-11-2004, 07:16:59
Apparently Warhammer online is continuing being made but without any financial support from Games Workshop. Climax games has taken over support and are looking to find aditional sponsors, but none of the devs or programmers have stopped working!

The Climax CEO estimates release in 18 months.

Greg W
09-11-2004, 09:08:24
Link?

Darkstar
09-11-2004, 11:11:49
I've read it was uncancelled in both GameSpot and GamaSutra. I might have an article and URL saved about it (doubtful though, as I normally don't save basic game info unless "very unusual" like the Vavle-Vivendi thing).

Greg W
09-11-2004, 18:37:43
Actually, I managed to find something on Warcry about it. It was rather vague, with no specific quotes or anything, but then I saw exactly the same thing on another site (word for word no less), so I figure that's all they have.

Darkstar
09-11-2004, 20:43:57
Checked my work DB... I didn't save off that file. Although I do have its cancellation mentioned as part of a filler on something about Ultima Online.

Searching Gamespot turns up this:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/warhammeronline/news_6110497.html

Dated: October-13-2004 05:41 PM
Warhammer Online lives as Climax goes it alone

Even after publisher Games Workshop flew the coop, the developer never stopped working on the MMORPG.

Climax representatives today confirmed to GameSpot that reports of Warhammer Online's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

(snip)