PDA

View Full Version : So-called "grime" (as the NME would have it)

Scabrous Birdseed
07-10-2004, 14:30:53
Yes, yes, it's a "oh we're cool we've found a new genre" term. Sorry.

I've just got Shystie's new album and taken together with Dizzee's latest and that Wiley release a while back I have to admit I consider this quite simply the most exciting music scene in the world at the moment. It's great!

So, before the british middle classes come along and ruin it with their grubby piggy fingers, what else do I need to get? Is there anything else hyped up?

Funkodrom
07-10-2004, 14:51:38
What's the Shystie album like? To me it sounds a bit like Dizzee-lite.

Also, how is Dizzee's second album? I haven't got round to buying that yet with the move but Boy in da corner is still getting a lot of listens by me.

And just because I happen to have this link in my clipboard - Dizzee Rascal vs Chas'n'Dave

http://www.thefreelancehairdresser.co.uk/freelance_hairdresser_-_knees_up_look_sharp.mp3

Scabrous Birdseed
07-10-2004, 14:58:51
Shystie's album is a lot like Dizzee's - but they I like his stuff so it doesn't bother me. The second Raskit album is excellent as well, better than the first I think and that's saying something.

Funkodrom
07-10-2004, 15:03:54
That is saying something. Might have to have a bit of an amazon session tomorrow.

MoSe
07-10-2004, 15:23:59
who'll be riding?

Scabrous Birdseed
12-10-2004, 12:40:45
I did a show of this stuff yesterday. Found a great DC Hub for downloading more undergroundy stuff, PM me if you want the link.

Funkodrom
20-10-2004, 08:17:53
Showcase (Dizzee's second album for those in the dark) arrived today.

Even after one listen I think it might be better than his first one.

Great stuff.