PDA

View Full Version : Sky Craptain and the world of twaddle.

shagnasty
05-10-2004, 19:52:45
Went to see it on sat with mrs nasty. Pretty C.G.I. stuff, well done with the 20's-30's style stuff. Nice touch having the Brits save the world, apart from that, plop.:(

King_Ghidra
06-10-2004, 08:53:49
impossible to guess your opinion of the film from the thread title :D

Nills Lagerbaak
06-10-2004, 15:22:24
You mean that's not the real title? :cry: I don't want to see it anymore.....

MOBIUS
15-10-2004, 13:00:20
Hmmm, actually I really enjoyed this film - it reminded me of the old B&W cliffhanger matinees such as Flash Gordon I used to watch at my local cinema on Saturday mornings but knitted together into one long extravaganza of improbable cornyness...

It was great, total suspension of reality, Fritz Langesque world, ham acting, dodgy accents, escapes from seemingly impossible situations, mad scientists, evil robots, grand plans to destroy the world - it was all there!:)

I gotta have me the sky captain's plane!

8/10

shagnasty
27-10-2004, 22:14:23
That was the idea. It was very well done, with all the bits you just said but I just didn't like it.

(The plane was pretty cool though)

Resource Consumer
27-10-2004, 22:23:34
is it 6d to get in on Saturday morning?

MoSe
25-11-2004, 10:17:14
Originally posted by MOBIUS
Hmmm, actually I really enjoyed this film - it reminded me of the old B&W cliffhanger matinees such as Flash Gordon I used to watch at my local cinema on Saturday mornings but knitted together into one long extravaganza of improbable cornyness...

It was great, total suspension of reality, Fritz Langesque world, ham acting, dodgy accents, escapes from seemingly impossible situations, mad scientists, evil robots, grand plans to destroy the world - it was all there!:)

Even if armed with this positive attitude, and starting with expectations as low as I could, it failed.

I found it lame and borrrring even under those standards.
Gimme Barbarella, Flash Gordon, Dick Tracy movies, but not such crap, notwithstanding all the state-of-the-art graphics used to make it.
I had hard times fighting sleepiness.
The ONLY sufficient moment was the final joke, nuff said

All in all, a 2.5 /10 imho :D

To make it clear, reading the few MOBIUS' lines quoted above is much much much more thrilling and exciting... if someone could put those concepts on film it would be great, Sky Craptain doesn't even get near.

MOBIUS
25-11-2004, 15:32:02
:lol: