PDA

View Full Version : Hero and why Poly truly is full of Morons...

MOBIUS
29-09-2004, 15:54:18
Saw it for the second time the other day almost two years after it was originally released and I saw it in Kuala Lumpur...

An awesome film by the same people that did Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - just so you know what you're getting...;)

Interestingly when I saw this the first time I tried posting a thread about it on Poly, but the earnest brigade didn't believe this was a new movie and proceeded to try and convince me that it was a far older movie that I had seen with the same name...:bash:

Funkodrom
29-09-2004, 15:56:08
I have heard good things about it. Looking forward to seeing it.

Mightytree
29-09-2004, 16:10:27
Really, really good movie. :bounce:

If you liked Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon you'll enjoy this one too.

Venom
29-09-2004, 18:37:51
I enjoyed it, although with the sorta twist in that movie it rang of propaganda. Then I realized, that many Chinese movies have this same bent as they are a very nationalistic people and proud of their heritage (aka all the movies that have ye olde white devil trying to buy, borrow, or steal artifacts and other things). And just to explain upon this so people won't think I'm just hating on the Chinese: the whole Our Land people, with the would be assasin(s) willingly dying and allowing thousands of others to be conquered and die in other kingdoms for the good old Chinese State. Really felt like old soviet propaganda movies.

Scabrous Birdseed
29-09-2004, 19:29:32
How many soviet propaganda movies have you seen? ;)

protein
29-09-2004, 19:39:58
My kung fu teacher said it was crap. Generally he likes films with the good kung fu rather than special effects.

I might still watch it though.

Scabrous Birdseed
29-09-2004, 20:11:44
What film has the best Kung Fu?

Venom
29-09-2004, 20:16:31
Originally posted by Scabrous Birdseed
How many soviet propaganda movies have you seen? ;)

The first one that came to mind was Alexander Nevsky. Not that hard to find.

Besides, I have the internet, everything is out there.