PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Sims2=good

HelloKitty
19-09-2004, 20:34:18
Got a few chances to play with it the last few days. Its a worthy sequel to The Sims.

The character creation is very nice, the easy to use bodyshop for making your own custom clothing is really basic and easy to use.

The aging/generation system sounds bad, but actually is cool and even if you do hate it, you cna turn it off.

The pace of he game is very different than 1. You can get alot more done in a shorter time, but then again, you are aging now.

The graphics are a huge bonus, fully 3d, much more animated characters. Now you can get an idea of your sims personality, how they are feeling etc just by looking at them rather than just checking the bars.

The AI is DEFINITLY improved. If you didn't have to restock the fridge or worry about a fire/robbery/etc you really could afk and they are fine. Even if you do something cruel and beat someone down to all red needs, given time, they will crawl out of the hole and fix themselves up, unless their aspiration level is low in which case they may go crazy.

These aspirations are a nice addition as well, now your sims have changing goals throughout thier lives that you can earn bonus items/prizes for reaching them. At the same time you have fears that if they happen you lose points.

For example, My main family, with a drunken Irishman with a combover who only dreams of riches and conquest. His wishes and desires keep popping up "Buy a steroe worth 500+," or "Beat your wife at a game" etc. His fears change as well, but mostly involve the repo man, losing games, getting fired, etc.

His wife is shy, insecure, and an overly nice doormat who only craves constant affection, attention and her goals are 1- Make a baby (never changes for her) and then a constant list of needy social interactions with people "admire husband", "Hug neighboor", "have a conversation with anyone", "clean the toilet", "eat mac and cheese". Needless to say her husband is a bastard and walks all over her. She cries on her own alot but he makes up for it by giving her a kiss and sending her down to make his dinner.

For the hell of it I added the husbands socially inept and creepy brother, who is obsessed with X-files (so his goals include seeing ghosts, being abducted, having a family member be abducted and impregnated by aliens, etc). God forbid he lose a game of chess, he spends the next 2 days outside alternating between crying and playing with his telescope.

Keeping up with aspirations is not too hard and you can keep your aspiration meter in the green or above fairly easily. But thenwhat fun is that?

If the aspiration meter drops into the red, meaing the sim is currently a failure at their ambitions, depression and psychosis starts to set in!

Few things beat seeing a full grown fat man convinced he is an infant. Or the woman who wants a baby so badly she starts caring for something in the house, like a sack of flour that she dreses up etc. If things get bad enough your sims get new "friends". IMAGINARY ONES! Things like pink bunnies will come to play with you, noone else can see them but your crazy sim can! The reactions of the other sims int he house are great.

They also moved away from the complete family rating that they were always catering too and alllow alot more freedom in "adult" situations. For example, while playing around with my urine soaked pervert whose life aspiration is "romance" the game offered me a prize if I could have group sex in a public place (OK, it said group "woo hoo" in public).

The new neighboorhood feature is great and I will probably load up Sim City 4 and make some new area to play in the sims this coming week.

BAD THINGS

Not a huge amount of "stuff" yet. They are still working on the tools that will allow player created objucts to be added so until December (ETA) there are just the objects and hair styles that came with the game, although you can change textures etc with thier built in tool for hair.

Aging is a mixed blessing. Only the families you are currently playing age, so if you only want to play one family, they get old while thier friends and neighboors go on the same forever. Not good if you are playing horny teens and thier close friends stay prepubescent.

All the parties I throw tend to suck bad.

Asher
20-09-2004, 01:09:52
I'm installing right now...

Asher
20-09-2004, 03:35:30
The sex she slipped into my coffee...

http://www.ucalgary.ca/~drmilfor/sims.jpg

HelloKitty
20-09-2004, 11:04:43
Well, my Urine drenched hobo is completely insane now.

I started him with a fortune/sucess aspiration, moved him into that one room shack in the corner of the map with only a computer for companionship, got him hired and fired a couple times, got him food poisoning, sent him to the market and made him stay there for a full week.

His social got bad enough the social bunny came to help him, but he is so screwed up that the social bunny, whose job is to life your spirits, just kicked his ass in the bathroom of the shopping center.

Now he is phobic of using toilets.

If I send hom to use one it is almost always listed on his fears, he starts to use it, freaks out falls to the ground wetting himself and starts to jibber.

Good times!

DaShi
20-09-2004, 11:33:32
This game was made for you, wasn't it? ;)

HelloKitty
20-09-2004, 11:38:47
Its alot like hanging out here, but I can make the people on the screen do stupid things rather than just wait for you all to do those things alone.

HelloKitty
21-09-2004, 15:39:17
Ok, yesterday I had most of the day off so I started working on my own neighboorhood from scratch.

Built a nice little river with a bridge in SC4 and imported it into TS2.

Working on a town with the rich people in a small are on the far side of the river, the regular people on the opposite side, and between them along the winding road to the bridge, the bad part of town.

Moved my Urine drenched lunatic to just next to the bridge, opened 2 of the largest lots around him and turned them into homeless person campgrounds and stocked them with 16 homeless sims. Pretty damn funny to watch them bathe in the sink of public restrooms.

Then I built the luxery whorehouse, wanted it to be a haunted whorehouse so I moved in a few groups of Johns and whores and brutally murdered, burned, or drowned them all. I hid all their bodies in the crawl space, which let me just say, is an awesome addition.

Then I moved in the Madam and 7 whores. The homeless people keep coming by and hanging out with the whores. Its like real life! Since the game doesn't have any way to actually pay for sex I had to cheat and just give them money.

I need to get my creative skill up for the whore house, since after lvl 5 you can pain portraits of anything in the game you want, and I need paintings of my whores in their underwear for the selection room!

I then tossed in my Youth shelter, which has no dead bodies in it unless you count the dead fish and plants!

My regular family I talked about before is there too, but they have not been given any neighboors yet, although one of them did give a homeless sim money while he panhandled.

Next I plan to finish fleshing out the bad part of town. I plan to add a cheap whorehouse with old skeezed out whores, a gay bathouse or maybe just a truckstop, and then start dropping trailers.

Greg W
21-09-2004, 20:07:56
HK, you're one sick puppy.

HelloKitty
21-09-2004, 20:40:48
I like my sims games to be like an episode of Strangers with Candy.

fp
24-09-2004, 23:58:05
Girl Likes Game-for-Girls Shocker!

HelloKitty
25-09-2004, 00:43:28
Asher likes it too.

FAG!

And DS played #1 a long time.

Asher
25-09-2004, 02:32:37
The BF is playing it right now and likes it.

BTW, Kitty, you should document your Sims like this: http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2392

It's brilliant.

HelloKitty
25-09-2004, 03:35:38
I may. I took a buch of screens of my building process today.

I wanted to build a cemetery witha church, but the game has no way to just add tombstones, so I made an empty lot, made a small square room full of fireplaces, tapestries, and enough furniture to impede movement.

The people who didn't die from the fire starved to death soaked in urine.

It was funny putting a single toilet in the middle of the room and watching them try to shoo away the other people trapped there.

In the end I built a nice cemetery witha church and tossed ina catholic priest and his young "ward".

Turned out nice. Each night at least 5 or 6 tortured ghosts wander around. And they vary in colour depending on how I killed them. Starving, Fire, and Drowning all give different looks!

King_Ghidra@home
25-09-2004, 07:59:16
Got this yesterday, lots of fun.

Never played the original so i don't really have a frame of reference for what's new and what's always been the way it is. Regardless, i soon learned that looking after a family of five is extremely hard work, so i started again and just made a family of one so i could try stuff out.

My lone guy is now making a successful career in politics, drinking the elixir of life, hooking up for whoopee with the local bike, and grooming a pretty blonde teen as her successor. Not to mention electrocuting himself and setting everything on fire during attempts to repair electronics or cook.

I got burgled too :(

great game though.

King_Ghidra@home
25-09-2004, 08:09:02
Art imitates life:

fp
25-09-2004, 08:35:30
This does actually sound like lots of fun.

:nervous:

HelloKitty
25-09-2004, 16:54:12
Originally posted by fp
This does actually sound like lots of fun.

:nervous:

FAG!

HelloKitty
25-09-2004, 17:00:02
Oh and KG, let me tell you this.

NEVER REPAIR THE DISHWASHER, TRASH COMPACTOR, OR OVEN WITH LESS THAN 10 IN MECHANICAL!

I have been murdering sims for a few days now, and that is a very efficient way to kill them. They are all too stupid to unplug them.

As for family size, I have found 3 to be pretty much ideal if you are trying for a regular game and are learning. 2 working adults and one stay at home sim bring in enough money to provide some nice stuff and amaid while the stay at home sim skills up in cooking, cleaning, etc and makes friends with the entire neighboorhood so that they can be invited over for parties and provide the working sims with social and friends.

Sadly it always seems that while the guys are off at work the stay at home woman falls for the sexy young single girl next door, become romanticaly entwined and start plotting to kill her husband. Or maybe thats just in my games.

HelloKitty
25-09-2004, 21:20:50
Well, my one normal family just couldn't cut it. The man of the house started fucking..er I mean "woo hooing" hookers in the hottub while his wife was upstairs asleep.

You would think she would be smart enough not to go to bed when her husband has invited over Mistress Cruella, or a woman in a cheerleader outfit.

And his brother has begun picking up homeless girls and runaways at the hospital...

HelloKitty
25-09-2004, 21:21:37
And yes, I did already install the uncensored patch so I can see them all naked.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
29-09-2004, 04:51:02
I'm sure none of you know this, since it wouldn't interest you in the slightest but... is there an option to turn off some of the more 'mature' aspects of the game? The kids here love the first Sims, but I'd be real hesitant to let them play #2 if some of the stuff above can't be, let's say, parentally guarded against.

the_fibber
29-09-2004, 07:35:11
I think your kids won't be able to do any of that without REALLY trying, or if they're as... unique as HelloKitty. :P

Easy solution though. Simply turn off "Free Will" and that way the Sims will only do what the kids tell them to do

King_Ghidra
29-09-2004, 07:59:04
yeah i'd agree with the fibber. Apart from a bit of kissing you can't really do anything 'adult' without knowing how to do it right. Also if you don't create a load of sims with romantic, (i.e. nymphomaniac) aspirations, then there's no reason for your sims to go down that road.

HelloKitty
29-09-2004, 15:51:50
The game has a teen rating. There is nothing dirty shown at all.

as far as younger kids will know, "woo hoo" just looks like wrestling around with fireworks when they kiss. Looks like making out.

They did a good job of making the game so that you KNOW what they are doing, but they aren't showing or saying anything that kids shouldn't see.

although public woo hoo with 5 people...

King_Ghidra
29-09-2004, 16:41:20
how do you do the public woohoo?

is there a particular place or thing you have to be/use?

i've had a woohoo in my hot tub of love but i'm not really sure what to do with the public one...

Sir Penguin
29-09-2004, 18:48:59
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
yeah i'd agree with the fibber. Apart from a bit of kissing you can't really do anything 'adult' without knowing how to do it right.
Damn. :(

SP

HelloKitty
29-09-2004, 19:07:05
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
how do you do the public woohoo?

is there a particular place or thing you have to be/use?

i've had a woohoo in my hot tub of love but i'm not really sure what to do with the public one...

Woo hoo in a community lot.

HelloKitty
29-09-2004, 19:07:43
Originally posted by Sir Penguin
Damn. :(

SP

I am sure you can use the internet to do "research" on how to do it right.

BigGameHunter
02-10-2004, 05:59:49
It still seems like sitting at your computer and spending a lot of time doing slightly less mundane things than you can do in "real life" for long periods of time.

Never could get into paper doll type games.

HelloKitty
02-10-2004, 06:41:23
How many hours have you been logged into Poly?

DaShi
02-10-2004, 08:24:47
I decided to gay it up and buy a copy of this while in Singapore. I created a small family based on a short story I wrote when I was much younger: mother, father, kid (aptly named Kid), and a weird uncle.

The first thing I'll say is that this game does not teach proper childrearing skills. At least for infants. My family was too poor to afford a bed for a long time. So they slept on one of 2 sofas. The baby slept where ever he passed out from exhaustion. That is when he could. Their only means of entertainment was a small stereo. The father. being the playful slob that he is, would turn on that radio every waking moment, so the poor baby never got any sleep. In addition, the mother was the only one adept enough to feed and change the baby, but she was too busy trying to keep the house clean and have a social life (just like real mothers :) ). The father and uncle would just look at the baby and complain about the smell. Unfortunately for the uncle, his biggest fear is fire. He's been in the red for aspirations since as far as I can remember now.

The father is quite the fool. He's got some marriage trouble though. His wife is in love with his brother. But that's the least of it. During the dean's visit, the father decided that the best way to win him over was to flirt with him. Unfortunately, his wife was standing right there and plunged him into the negatives in the friendship 'o meter. Now I'm trying to pick up the pieces of this shambled family, and see if I can fix this marriage.

The kid however can be sickeningly sweet. Now that he's a toddler, he runs over to his parents for hugs whenever they return from work. Quite touching actually. :cry:

HelloKitty
02-10-2004, 08:32:51
Until he grows up and takes a job as a criminal.

Vincent
04-10-2004, 16:50:45
I finally created a guy who wants to have sex with 10 other sims in public. That's what I call realism!

Debaser
05-10-2004, 15:12:56
Stan Collymore?

Qweeg
05-10-2004, 17:30:46
This sounds like a fantastic game... but I don't really understand how, or why.

HelloKitty
05-10-2004, 18:07:15
Buy it and see!

Kory
05-10-2004, 21:19:29
http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=61198

HK just reports cruelty. I have movies.

Note that I don't guarantee how long those two will stay up; I've got other ones in mind.

Resource Consumer
06-10-2004, 10:46:41
This game explains much of my recent absebce - loads of fun :)

Kory
06-10-2004, 10:54:44
My next movie projects will involve fiery death and aspiration failures. I have a family I'm tormenting on the side when I'm not actually trying to do well by my Sims, which honest, I do!

Fiery death was fun, though. "Gosh, what happened to the smoke detector? I was sure I'd bought one. Guess I must have accidentally deleted it." And I'd never wake my other Sims up from their beds and have them come watch a family member die. Really. Nor deliberately force a Sim into the flames. Really.

Kory
06-10-2004, 20:33:38
Okay, well, I removed my original large movie from its slot and replaced it with a much, much, much more serious movie than I'd originally been intending. So, if you go over to that page linked above, you can find it; it's the one entitled "Lisa".

However, for fluff value, "Life Lessons" is still there.

Shining1
07-10-2004, 00:06:55
This game is astonishing. I don't think I've played anything quite like this since the original Sim City.

This is a quantum leap better than the original Sims. Wow...

HelloKitty
07-10-2004, 01:00:16
It really is good. When they add a tool to make user created items it will be even better.

Kory
07-10-2004, 07:32:32
And now "Lisa" has a companion piece.

So you should go watch it. (http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=61198)

I suggest "Life Lessons", followed by "Lisa", followed by "Leaving Lisa".

Nav
07-10-2004, 22:56:41
well I have to admit I did get this game...

me eating breakfast (my favourite pasttime).

also check this out:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=sims2+sex&meta= :lol:

Shining1
08-10-2004, 01:45:07
Kory:

I suspect there's a bit of 'other people's children' in the Lisa one. The trapped man was really funny though... =)

Kory
08-10-2004, 05:31:28
S1: I'm afraid I don't understand... 'other people's children'?

Glad you liked the other one. I was really irritated that day, could you tell? :)

-- Kory (All about the storytelling.)

Sir Penguin
08-10-2004, 07:39:43
Originally posted by Nav
also check this out:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=sims2+sex&meta= :lol:
:lol:

I wonder who's linking to this thread.

SP

Debaser
08-10-2004, 18:08:41
Originally posted by Asher
BTW, Kitty, you should document your Sims like this: http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2392

It's brilliant.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's funny as fuck.

HelloKitty
11-10-2004, 17:34:02
Well I hadn't played for a week because I have been trying to force myself to get through Evil Gen.

Last night started back up. Sims 2 >>>> EG

Just played my regular family for a while.

THe slimy husband began sleeping with prostitutes at the whorehouse I built, I downloaded the nude patch so that the censor is not up anymore, and he began painting and hanging portraits of his "conquests" throughout the house along with paintings of his wife in the shower etc claiming they were "art". Managed to get a great one of one of his girlfriends being caught jumping out of the love tub naked by his wife. "She is just a model"!

She naturally got suspicious but never caught on and is hopelessly in love with him even when he is mean to her and even comes home, grabs her ass, screws her, and then goes right out for a night at the whorehouse without even a shower.

So I prodded her a little and she is now screwing 4 women behind his back, including his favorite whore.

The creepy brother now has a nude painting of himself hanging over his bed and seems to have found love dating a dirty homeless girl (I made a few lots of homeless people just to make my town more, well, dirty) who now seems to call or come over every 5 minutes and eat all their food, or just shows up and doesn't even say hi but jumps in the hot tub and hangs out all day. She also pissed her pants a few times in the living room.

I think my next goals are to expand the house a little, since I really like the design, but its small. THen see if I can get the Husband to knock up a prostitute by accident, the iwife get knocked up by one of the prostitutes (yes it can happen in this game), and the brother gets abducted by aliens and inpregnated.

BigGameHunter
12-10-2004, 01:27:53
Are there STD's in this game?

HelloKitty
12-10-2004, 04:17:16
Not called such, but you can get illnesses and diseases from woo hoo, kissing etc.

Some are fatal!

Resource Consumer
12-10-2004, 21:11:23
death by flies is my favourite

HelloKitty
13-10-2004, 00:12:38
Have you seen it happen?

I have tried but its so damn rare!

HelloKitty
14-10-2004, 03:55:04
lol my whorehouse is in the top 50 of all lots, # 36 out of 17,925 in rankings.

The mankini is not doing as well.

If you have an account log on and give my house of ill repute a 5 stars. Who wouldn't love to see a whorehouse top rated on the Maxis site?

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=5104&asset_type=lot&user_id=152626

ANd the mankini is here,

http://thesims2.ea.com/sims2_exchange/sim/19/66719/full.jpg

BigGameHunter
14-10-2004, 23:31:20
That's probably the most painful case of camel toe in medical history.

Vincent
15-10-2004, 09:50:30
what is "woo hoo"?

zmama
15-10-2004, 09:57:56
Dunno

Greg W
15-10-2004, 11:10:38
It seems to be a safe-for-children way of showing sex in the game without really showing sex. Or something.

zmama
15-10-2004, 12:11:05
100-0

Greg W
16-10-2004, 00:35:19
Hey, Vinnie is so dumb, it could have easily been an honest question.

Vincent
16-10-2004, 09:45:02
"honest question"? I do not know such a thing

zmama
16-10-2004, 10:38:08
Spuds are tricky that way

DaShi
25-10-2004, 11:51:53
Is it possible to have an adult and a teenager whoohoo? My romantic sim doesn't get to meet many people. She keeps missing her days off because of promotions, and is usually only home at night. I eventually took her to a public area, where she met a cute shopclerk and seemed to hit it off. But they never get the more racier options. What's worse is that I think it is impossible for the clerk to age.

King_Ghidra
25-10-2004, 12:00:43
i don't think the teens can have woohoo

they have first kiss and prom dates and stuff

Kory
27-10-2004, 13:05:03
Teens don't get to WooHoo.

Townies don't age.

There is a lot of discussion about this on the SimBoards. But not as much as discussion about where to find Bella (who cares?) and how to have twins (practice, practice, practice).

DaShi
28-10-2004, 05:27:32
Originally posted by Kory
Teens don't get to WooHoo.

That's very unrealistic.

Kory
28-10-2004, 13:33:30
Yes, well, there's no abortion, slapping kids around, suicide, or murder, either. (Yes, you can kill Sims, but SIMS can't kill Sims.)

Also known as 'keeping your rating T, not M'.

Darkstar
05-11-2004, 20:35:29
Adults and Teens cannot have romantic relations at all. But Adults and Seniors can. It was done that way so Maxis didn't fall prey to the anti-Child Porn laws throughout the world. That's also why teens aren't allowed to do more then kiss.

Sims 2 is a fun game. Good time eater, like a real Maxis game. :)

Darkstar
17-11-2004, 06:55:38
Hello Kitty, why does your Ill Repute house have 2 "Tiffanys" in it?

And why haven't you been updating this thread on your latest tortures? Been too busy lately for Sims2?

HelloKitty
17-11-2004, 07:35:15
My computer fried and I have not had the time to take out the harddrive of the old one, put it in the new one and copy out my saved files.

So I am playing WOW and EQ2.

Maybe next week when I don't have to teach I will have time to do more.

HelloKitty
17-11-2004, 07:37:00
Oh, and because tiffany is a whore name.

Darkstar
17-11-2004, 07:43:53
Well, that sucks (about your computer).

How are you finding time to do anything other then play EQ2? EQ2, WoW, and Sims 2... hard to believe you can find time for all that and still pay attention to your SO and get some sleep.

HelloKitty
17-11-2004, 16:19:06
http://www.pvponline.com/archive/2004/pvp20041111.gif

Darkstar
17-11-2004, 23:15:27
:lol:

Ah. ;)

TV4Fun
04-12-2004, 10:00:19
I won't bump you tread for a pound.