PDA

View Full Version : help with PC game

scottish_blue
31-08-2004, 20:14:21
I recently bought the PC game Platypus but i am having some trouble with it.

Every so often it closes down the game and comes up with the message "Error - Illegal Memory Address" instead.

I was just wondering if someone could help me over come this.

thanks

Nav
31-08-2004, 20:36:03
hey! welcome.

sorry but I've never heard of it. I think you'd best attempt to contact the makers..

however it sounds like it's having a memory conflict with some other program. Try closing down as many other programs as possible and then run it.

scottish_blue
31-08-2004, 20:38:44
Hi

Thanks very much Nav

I have just sent an email to the makers so hopefully they will come back with something.

The problem is that i am closing down everything else before i play it and it seems still to be doing it.

Nav
31-08-2004, 20:40:23
dodgy coding sucks doesn't it. :(

Greg W
01-09-2004, 00:12:16
Yes, well, their support page was very helpful:I'm having lockup or crashing problems, can you help?

If you experience any lockups or crashes, make sure that you have the latest DirectX drivers for your video and audio hardware. Most problems can be fixed by installing DirectX 8 but some manufactures have newer drivers than those included with DirectX 8. Be sure to contact the specific manufacture for your hardware for the latest drivers. Also be sure to reboot your computer before playing after a crash. Often times, without a reboot, the problem may lie in memory and will occur again.Not!

Though at least they give you an email address if that doesn't solve the issue.