PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Episodes 7-9

Sir Penguin
24-08-2004, 01:55:43
http://www.bureau42.com/view/2128

The server that's hosting the actual news article is kind of slow (it's an Irish newspaper or something), so that's a link to the portal site.

Apparently, ILM made their staff sign NDAs about the possibility of the three sequels. Slim evidence, but something to look forward to after Lucas is assassinated.

SP

Drekkus
24-08-2004, 09:56:16
Are you sure it won't be part 10, 11 and 12 we're talking about here?

BigGameHunter
24-08-2004, 17:25:16
Or -1, -2 and -3?

I so desperately want a dark and gritty Star Wars film.

DaShi
25-08-2004, 01:17:24
Do the negative ones take place in a parallel universe where the movies are good?

Venom
25-08-2004, 01:57:36
No George, no. Stop raping what's left of the Franchise.

Darkstar
25-08-2004, 21:24:14
But he wants the money!

Darkstar
25-08-2004, 21:25:02
Would it be better if he made them in LEGO?

protein
25-08-2004, 22:41:10
They would be much better if he let someone else direct them after he's written the story.

Angelhorns
25-08-2004, 22:58:11
why are the new ones so bad though? I stopped watching after the first new one was released after having loved the re-released old ones, but I couldnt put my finger on WHY it was crap. Is it because we've all grown up and it just cant capture us in the same way, or is it the CGI or what?

Sir Penguin
25-08-2004, 23:16:06
It's the annoying twits whom they got to play Anakin Skywalker. Not to mention the poor dialogue and direction.

SP

Venom
26-08-2004, 02:00:29
It's been over kiddiecized. I knew it was over with Jar Jar and the fart jokes.

Darkstar
26-08-2004, 03:05:54
I believe Venom got it in one try. The movies seem to be there purely to allow a new generation of merchandising.

MDA
26-08-2004, 12:00:08
So much is so obviously directed at pre-teen kids - JarJar, C3PO and the combat droids' bad jokes, the Padawan children learning from Yoda, the inclusion of Boba Fett as a child character... on and on it goes.

Its more camp than The Last Starfighter, and is worse because its trying not to be.

The Mary LeTourneau-like love story between Padme and Anakin is vaguely gross, too.

Thinking about it, the whole Ewok thing in Return of the Jedi should have been a sign of the apocalypse.
Weren't they supposed to be Wookies, but Lucas decided Wookies wouldn't sell well as plush toys?

Beta1
26-08-2004, 14:01:36
actually i didnt mind the boba fett kid and the c3p0 bits. One fitted the story and the other is pretty much the same as c3p0 in the originals.

The main problems is that its lost the dirty run down look of the rebels and the big black shiny fetish look of the imperials.

Remember the X-wings you could buy with the stick on transfers to make them look all grimy? No-ones going to be making Episode 1 fighters with battle damage.

Its terrible, the bad guys are pretty good (esp christoper lee in the last one) and the story line sounds OK ITS JUST THE BLOODY IMPLEMENTATION.

Oh and the dialogue.

And the annoying american accented brats that are playing anakin. Whatsername thats playing padme is doing pretty good at trying to be carrie fisher but the anakin guy is awful.

And the gungans. they were a total disaster. Should be all lined up and run over with a landcrawler. The jawas were cool as little entertaining cutesy alien things but the gungans just suck (as did the ewoks)

Also too much talking, not enough running around corridors getting shot at by guys in plastic suits. And more of those little droid things that run around on the floor and make squeaky noises. The dialogue in the originals was shit too (as was the acting) but at least they got the action/dialogue ratio right. More action less crappy analysis of where anakin went bad. We dont care why he went bad we just want him to stick on the big black suit and respirator so we dont have to see his annoying brat face or hear his annoying brat voice again. Hell how is a guys like that meant to end up sounding like darth vader? Hasnt he gone through puberty yet?

At least samuel L jackson was good. Hell they should have made him be anakin. I could have believed him ending up as vader.

Venom
26-08-2004, 15:12:26
Yes, the Ewoks were orignally supposed to be Wookies. THAT would have been bad ass.

BigGameHunter
26-08-2004, 17:29:25
If they had any brains they'd make it a dual story line project with brutal editions for the grown up fans and animated/cute one's for the kids.
Both audiences would invariably cross over and spend money on the show they weren't supposed to.

Angelhorns
26-08-2004, 17:46:07
yeah I must say I was more than a little surprised when Jar Jar said 'Ex-squeeze me?' in Episode one. STill the Distributors of Wayne's World must be pleased their inter-galactic venture is going well???!!!