PDA

View Full Version : LWP7 part 2: LeChuck's Revenge

Scabrous Birdseed
22-08-2004, 11:14:57
http://www.counterglow.com/article.php?id=lwp72

Here you go. I won't actually publish til the image arrives.

Debaser
22-08-2004, 12:12:31
I really wish I proof read what I'd written. I can only apologise for my mistake-riddled replies. "Mogwai of Godspeed" should obviously say "Mogwai or Godspeed".

Lazarus and the Gimp
22-08-2004, 13:25:57
Hey! I was wrong! Not everybody slagged off Scabby's joke track. Just nearly everybody.

If you're one of those people who likes to achieve a sort of coherent organic flow to compilations, just imagine what I went through when trying to accommodate SB's tracks on this collection.

Lazarus and the Gimp
22-08-2004, 13:32:08
Foetus- about your comments on the Slint track. The Albini comparison was spot on because he produced that track, and at the time of its release he was describing Slint as the most important band in the world.

Given the sort of bands that most of the LWP participants are into, it always amazes me that none of them listen to Slint.

Foetus
22-08-2004, 13:41:26
Aha. It had his "feel" all over it. Never listened to them before, though a number of mates have raved about them. One for my looking into a bit more when I can be arsed list.

BigGameHunter
22-08-2004, 21:44:19
Err...I did not intend my response to be all in bold for track 13...also, my comments seem to have disappeared altogether from the first track...and the "discuss this" link doesn't work.

Other than that...looks great! :)

Immortal Wombat
23-08-2004, 05:29:53
Looks like a good bunch of tracks there. I shall have to try and get hold of some.

Scabrous Birdseed
23-08-2004, 07:54:37
So "Post-Rock" has gone from being a code-word for "avant-garde pop" to being a code word for "astoundingly boring muzak"? Good to know.

I don't get you Laz - I thought you liked it when depressive people fucked up their music. Joke track? That album is way more powerfully emotional than any of the slightly humorous curmudgeonly Coil/Nurse With Wound stuff you've sent me.

Funkodrom
23-08-2004, 09:55:26
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
Foetus- about your comments on the Slint track. The Albini comparison was spot on because he produced that track, and at the time of its release he was describing Slint as the most important band in the world.

Given the sort of bands that most of the LWP participants are into, it always amazes me that none of them listen to Slint.

I've liked the Slint tracks you've put on previous CDs but that one didn't really do anything for me.

Lazarus and the Gimp
23-08-2004, 16:30:51
Originally posted by Scabrous Birdseed
So "Post-Rock" has gone from being a code-word for "avant-garde pop" to being a code word for "astoundingly boring muzak"? Good to know.

It certainly has in recent years, but you can't blame Slint for that.

Eklektikos
23-08-2004, 23:16:26
I've got a copy of Spiderland lurking around somewhere but haven't yet given it much of a listen. Chances are I won't get to for a while either, given how much junk it's probably buried under by now.

Mr. Bas
25-08-2004, 12:42:14
This was a pretty good section, I couldn't be arsed to actually write reviews but I'll try harder on cd 2. Especially the Isis and Slint tracks were really good, I might have a look for those albums in the near future. Lupine Howl sounded nice as well.