PDA

View Full Version : I just saw the Pixies...

Debaser
03-06-2004, 00:07:19
Who wants to touch me?

They were really excellent, though you'd think that by now Kim Deal would have learnt how to play the bass and sing at the same time. Aww bless, she was still cool as fuck. They played about 25 songs, including both the fast and the slow versions of Wave of Mutilation. No Ana though, which was a shame 'cos that's my favourite Pixies track, but I didn't really expect it. If they play in a town near you and you can get tickets then they won't let you down.

protein
03-06-2004, 00:10:32
I have to admit I'm a little jealous. I don't really go to gigs any more because they cost too much, you have to do lots of tiring travelling and nobody around at the moment excites me.

But the Pixies would have been well worth it.

Have they got a new album?

Debaser
03-06-2004, 00:22:28
There's a new best of album (pretty much the same as their old best of) and an excellent new DVD. Both are called Wave of Mutilation I believe.

They claim to have one new song, but they didn't play it.

Lazarus and the Gimp
03-06-2004, 16:14:19
When I saw them in 1988 and 89 Kim Deal could play and sing at the same time. Seeing how much she's drunk since then, I think that's a lesson for us all, kids.

Debaser
03-06-2004, 16:18:37
She was fine most of the time, it was just the start of Gigantic that was a bit dodgy.