PDA

View Full Version : Chimpcopter competition

Funkodrom
11-05-2004, 13:39:46
Competition details (http://www.loudmedicine.net/SUM/ccopter.htm#competition)

In short -

Read the stories (http://www.loudmedicine.net/SUM/ccopter.htm) behind the songs on chimpcopter then write your own convoluted backstory to link another SU song into the Chimpcopter universe. Winner gets a copy of the CD, the best entries will be showcased on the website.

E-mail to competition@chimpcopter.com or post entries here:

http://forums.gighit.com/index.php?act=ST&f=20&t=400

(first entry already in that thread)

Post them in this thread as well if you want.

Lazarus and the Gimp
11-05-2004, 18:06:58
Any maximum/minimum word counts?

Funkodrom
11-05-2004, 18:19:24
No.

There might have been if I'd thought of it but I didn't so there aren't. I'd advise quality over quantity though. :)

Chris
11-05-2004, 18:26:36
Losers get two copies of the CD.

Darkstar
11-05-2004, 20:05:03
And the biggest loser gets a live performance of the new Chimpcopter by SU right outside their door, I suppose? No way am I taking a chance on that!

Venom
11-05-2004, 21:03:46
This contest isn't fair. How the hell can the common man win this contest when he hasn't listened to any other songs to tie them into?

zmama
11-05-2004, 21:19:56
Easy, just like everthing else in the world...baffle 'em with bullshit!

King_Ghidra@home
11-05-2004, 21:37:15
Originally posted by Funkodrom

Read the stories (http://www.loudmedicine.net/SUM/ccopter.htm) behind the songs on chimpcopter

So you guys are a comedy rock band again now huh?

Feels very reminiscent of the old day of debauchery stuff

Funkodrom
11-05-2004, 22:08:15
Comedy? I don't see anyone laughing.

Venom
12-05-2004, 02:15:14
Originally posted by zmama

Just like school.

Funkodrom
12-05-2004, 09:20:19
Originally posted by zmama

Exactly, the one entry so far is excellent and totally unrelated to the song, only the title.

The song names are in the full competition details though.

Funkodrom
15-05-2004, 10:02:52
Total balls up on e-mail, I had 14 incoming e-mails and they all vanished. If anyone entered via e-mail can they please resend?

Lazarus and the Gimp
15-05-2004, 13:57:26
Sent.

Noisy
16-05-2004, 07:55:01
Sent.

Mighty Ogun

Mistakes become opportunities. Rumours become facts. Stories become legends. In the early days of the hundred years war the Rhinotanks were on their back tracks: the Chimpcopters scorched whatever land was left unscorched by the exhaust of the Rhinotanks as they fell back before numerous assaults. The tale is told of a turning point in the war, as the advance was halted at Fabrication Plant 4472 by the Mighty Ogun. The assault on the factory prompted fierce resistance, with the new Ė partially built - brood being formed up on the lawn in front of the plant (just to the left of the fountain, but to the right of the sculpture park) to repulse an attack. Ogun was unfinished; awaiting turret armour. The legend tells of Ogunís single-tusked saving of the day as he put up withering AA fire, being unencumbered by lots of Chobham on top.

Noisy
16-05-2004, 07:57:21
I think I'll write something about the chipcopters mentioned in the 'Chimpcopter' speel next.

Lazarus and the Gimp
16-05-2004, 08:37:50
This was mine-

Magic Helmet.

My Grandfather got blown up in the war. He was on point in a patrol heading towards enemy lines when a field gun zeroed in on their position- the shell hit the soft turf about six feet away from him and he was blown clean into the air, turning a perfect back somersault before landing in a tree. After a brief pause, the sarcastic bastards in his squad gave him a round of applause.

Even now, fifty years on from it, he gets sore lumps breaking out on his skin, followed a few days later by a splinter of shrapnel working its way out. They migrate around his body- Christ knows how many vital organs they spear as they go. Funny how the body protects itself, isn't it? Human flesh just can't stick metal- it rejects it. It either shuffles it away into dark corners or forces it out through the skin, back out the way it came. It's like every cell rebels against this alien invasion, and drives it away. Or tries to.

And here I am. See, it's all very glamorous and cutting-edge to become one of those "brave new world" cybernetic man/machine fusions like those fucking airborne apes, but what it translates into is a total pain in the arse. Wires and implants all over the shop. Check out the primary neural interface, for starters. Yep- you guessed right. That spikey bit plugs straight into the top of the spine, while those secondary implants go through the ancillary cranial sockets. I've got a skull like a fucking colander, and you can just feel every cell grumbling and moaning as it tries to reject all that metal. Don't even ask about what's happening round me arse. Seriously- don't go there.

Here's the best bit. Know what they call this? The "Magic Helmet". Laughable, isn't it? Pass me the Nurofen, would you? I've got a bitch behind the eyes.

Funkodrom
25-05-2004, 07:59:00
Thanks for the entries guys, any more?

Funkodrom
25-05-2004, 08:00:26
Forgot the chipcopter thing, I fixed that as soon as you mentioned it but the FTP was down.

Immortal Wombat
25-05-2004, 17:03:16
I have half an entry, which can be completed once I know what Ogun means in the magic Helmet lyrics.

edit/ oh, as in the Mighty Ogun. That makes the version I emailed slightly worse than the version below.

Immortal Wombat
25-05-2004, 17:46:58
nevermind, I'll just bullshit instead.
=======================

Magic Helmet

The tale of MOSES, that singular rhinotank who brought the last Rhinotanks together and into safety is told in the traditional rhinotank song Magic Helmet. Towards the end of the 100 Years of War, the rhinotanks were scattered and dispirited. Their leaders had been systematically picked off by the chimpcopter snipers, and they were lost, ready to give up all hope. Then Model 178-Synthesised, a distant relative to the late Rhinotank Sultan, came up with a plan to uplift rhinotank morale, a plan to forge an icon of rhinotank strength and prosperity, that all rhinotanks could look upon it and say "I am a Rhinotank and we will prevail!"

In a secret underground smithy, the rhinotank known as Ogun took part in an ancient rite of purification, and then began the forging of a helmet unique in the annals of the universe. To complete the forging, the helmet must be used in rhinotank ritual of known as the Giving of the Horn. The helmet was laid upon MOSES, and as the rhinotanks sat around feasting in celebration, the rite took place. Under the full moon MOSES and his partner danced and chanted, an organic dance harking back to the days before the cyberification. Gradually the atmosphere of expectation grew, as the watching rhinotanks chanted louder, louder, and finally a wail rent the air, as the ritual reached its climax. At the last moment, MOSES swept up the helmet, placed it on his sword, affixed as a bayonet on his gunturret, then lifted it aloft.

As the moon glinted off the shiny helmet, the rhinotanks cried as one, inspired to a terrible determination for a life of liberty and joy.

Funkodrom
25-05-2004, 19:25:44
Do you want to submit the one below then?

Immortal Wombat
25-05-2004, 23:06:47
Yes. I got my Ogun's mixed up.

Funkodrom
26-05-2004, 08:58:00
No, you want to submit the one above. Ha! Tricked you.

Immortal Wombat
26-05-2004, 17:34:22
:(