PDA

View Full Version : Live music!

Noisy
16-11-2001, 09:27:35
Aynsley Lister (http://www.aynsleylister.com/) at Farnham Maltings (http://www.farnhammaltings.co.uk/) last night. This guy is a stunning guitarist. Here is a quote from the promoter, Boogaloo Promotions (www.boogaloopromotions.com):

At 24, Aynsley is one of the most exciting new talents to emerge on the European blues and rock circuit, combining virtuoso guitar playing, with strong vocals and excellent songs.

The band have just been voted UK Blues-Rock Band of the Year by the British Blues Connection, beating Dr Feelgood by a narrow margin, and succeeding The Hamsters, who were voted No. 1 in 2000. Quite some accolade!

Next time he is around, Mike, you just have to come and see him. Also, CGB, he is touring Germany next month, so have a look at the website to see if he is anywhere near you.

I'm crap at reviews, but suffice it to say that in the intimate atmosphere of the Maltings, I was able to sit at his feet (literally ten feet away) and worship his exquisite skills. I've never noticed his band before, because I am usually just blown away by his guitar work, but the drummer and bassist were both excellent as well. My mates and I cannot understand why he is not one of Britain's top artists, because he is in our eyes.

Funkodrom
16-11-2001, 09:31:51
It's probably because Blues isn't seen as cool or marketable. :(

I'll check him out if I can. No tracks on his website. A shame. :(

Noisy
16-11-2001, 10:36:02
Yes - popular music radio and tv never seems to make any attempt to analyse, inform or educate people about music: it is always just presented on a plate without any context. I bet not even one percent of the people who enjoy any form of Western music know who Robert Johnson is.

Resource Consumer
16-11-2001, 11:35:06
I do - and there were two of them.

The black one was great and the white one was shite.

Funkodrom
16-11-2001, 11:49:29
Originally posted by Noisy
Yes - popular music radio and tv never seems to make any attempt to analyse, inform or educate people about music: it is always just presented on a plate without any context. I bet not even one percent of the people who enjoy any form of Western music know who Robert Johnson is.

Absolutely. I find out about interesting music on forums from you guys.