PDA

View Full Version : Wildhearts to tour again?!

Tizzy
26-02-2002, 12:53:55
News from www.silverginger.com

Seems Ginger is heading back out on the road with CJ, Stidi and Danny, after swearing "never again" last year.
Dates haven't been confirmed yet, but the plan is for 10 shows in April, possibly followed by an EP of new material, and maybe even a NEW ALBUM next year. :D

:beer:

Funkodrom
26-02-2002, 13:23:42
OK so the whole, I'd much rather be on the road getting my new band going than doing another tour with the Wildhearts and that'd be much easier and we'd make a lot of money out of it... thing was just bollocks was it? Oh well, who cares. :D

Funkodrom
26-02-2002, 13:29:09
The Wildhearts was fun to do when I was younger and a lot more selfish, but I don't want to be seen as a road accident any more. I'd rather represent something a bit more positive for inscription on my gravestone one day - and I don't plan on that day turning up for a fucking long time.

Yeah, it was great to hear you singing the words back for The Wildhearts. Yeah, it was fun to have sold out shows and play big stages. We had a few great nights and saw some faces that haven't been around for a few years. Been there, got the cheque. But there isn't enough money in this business to be embarrassed for. And both the Newcastle and Dudley shows were fucking embarrassing. The rest we're just a huge anti- climax. And as for the London, Camden Monarch show? I ain't playing another show where only two members of the band turn up ever again, no matter how great the review. I guess this destroys the "only in it for the money" myth then, huh?

*sigh*

Tizzy
26-02-2002, 14:08:55
Yeah, exactly - "make up your bleedin' mind" was the first thing I thought.
And then I thought, who cares - The Wildhearts are playing again :D

Funkodrom
26-02-2002, 14:19:09
Yep. :beer:

Think you are going to go and see them again?

Tizzy
26-02-2002, 14:20:40
I think you could safely put a bet on that! As long as it's not early April.

Funkodrom
26-02-2002, 14:23:05
I imagine I'll go if they don't clash with The Unholy's gig. :D

Tizzy
28-02-2002, 08:44:21
Dates confirmed so far, courtesy of Kerrang:

Dudley JBs April 20
Norwich Waterfront 21
Newcastle Uni 22
Edinburgh Liquid Rooms 23
Nottingham Rock City 24
Northampton RoadMenders 25
Cardiff Coal Exchange 26
Liverpool L2 27
Bristol Academy 28
Cambridge Junction 29
Portsmouth Pyramid 30
Manchester University 1 May

No London dates so far :( but at least one show is still to be confirmed, so fingers crossed!