PDA

View Full Version : "my" new web page

devilmunchkin
17-02-2004, 00:27:53
ok..here is what i settled on for the company page. i took screen shots..one witht he menu up and one with it down. the frame that has the lettesr all in black actually isn't like that. it shimmers from white to light blue to black and then keeps cycling. contructive criticism please?

devilmunchkin
17-02-2004, 00:30:06
sorry it's so hard to see....but i can't upload it until the boss says yay so it's still on the hard drive.
also..up on the top gradient frame. the boss wants something...like another logo or the links from the bar immediately below it moved up there. what do you guys think? i'm not so gung ho about it.

protein
17-02-2004, 00:32:58
Looks nice to me. Is it animated at all?

devilmunchkin
17-02-2004, 01:22:20
no. boss is too cheap to get flash. and i'm too poor to buy it. i had to install MY OWN photoshop on my comp pc b/c i didn't have any graphic editors on it. i did some other things for him. But i think it looks kind of bare without that middle bar. lemme whip something up and show you.

zmama
17-02-2004, 01:23:22
Maybe it would make him happy if you made the top bar and logo bigger?

zmama
17-02-2004, 01:24:44
I think putting more stuff up there would make it too busy.

devilmunchkin
17-02-2004, 01:31:02
this is kind of what he suggested. i'm not too keen on it. i just think it makes the bottom page look too white. I said, if need be, i can make the top bar's gradient harsher so that it look busier. (one comment he had made what that the top bar was not busy enough).

zmama
17-02-2004, 01:32:14
He's a moron...but he's the boss...

devilmunchkin
17-02-2004, 01:36:44
i also gave him this option where i took the shimmering text and stuck it up there, but i REALLY don't like that.
you think the main text should be in bold? i'm recondsidering that.

devilmunchkin
17-02-2004, 01:37:27
oops.

devilmunchkin
17-02-2004, 01:41:07
and then i gave him the option of having a slogan in the upper left (granted i was not giving him any options at first). i wish you guys could see this better....

zmama
17-02-2004, 01:48:03
Its hard for me to tell...with these pictures I can pretty much just tell the big blocks of color and such.

Don't over think this...you'll probably have to make it look the way he wants, so make it the way you like it first then give him a bit of what he wants and tell him the other stuff he wants is too hard for you to do with the software he has supplied. ;)

devilmunchkin
17-02-2004, 01:52:20
LOL!!!!! i thought about that. see....i had to completely overhaul this. I had the alpha version all done..i had him APPROVE what he wanted on the first page back in NOVEMBER. THEN last week he decides he didn't like the menu's i done and i had to do a major overhaul. I think this time i might mention that i'm NOT doing another one so he pick something and stick with it...of course i can't phrase it like that. but i guess that would be the message. if you want i can email you bigger pictures.

zmama
17-02-2004, 02:03:10
No, there is no need...you're doing just fine! :D
Really, do it the way you want...you have good taste, have faith in yourself.
I'd phrase it more like..."Well, if you want something like that you'll have to outsource it...this is the best I can do" And say it with a sincere smile!

devilmunchkin
17-02-2004, 02:21:34
:) thanks. i guess i really needed that. i DO tend to be rather..critical of myself because I'm not trained in this. I tuaght myself how to do web design so i'm often afraid that I do a lot worse than all of those fancy shmancy pages out there.....

KrazyHorse
17-02-2004, 03:07:48
Their old website looks like shit.

http://zybex.com

Sir Penguin
17-02-2004, 03:10:12
I like the first one you posted best, except that the gradient in the small cells is going horizontal instead of vertical. It might look better if all the gradients were vertical. I'm not sure the expanding menu is necessary; it looks like the text fits perfectly when it's fully expanded. Other than that, it looks great.

SP

devilmunchkin
17-02-2004, 03:14:47
well...the expanding menu isn't necessary..but it looks cool ...yeah yeah..i know.
and yes, the original web site DOES look like shit. THat is the one the BOSS designed back in the day. *sigh*

Nav
17-02-2004, 11:10:12
Try not to use frames, it's unnecessary (and a bit 1999). It makes bookmarking pages harder, printing becomes an issue, it also causes search engine bots difficulty in indexing your pages.

Personally I think you should only use the gradient effect in one place (ie the top bar). Maybe play with different shades of solid blue for the other areas where you currently have a gradient.

Also on your content pages your margins should be a bit larger (makes it easier to read the text).

hope this helps!

QtFLW@Work
17-02-2004, 19:28:05
Originally posted by KrazyHorse
Their old website looks like shit.

http://zybex.com

Agh! My eyes!