PDA

View Full Version : Freddy vs Jason

protein
01-02-2004, 22:37:01
When I was a kid I loved these cheapo horror flicks. There was something special about them. They seemed like they were secret, cult and forbidden. Always at the top shelf at the video store. The kids in the films always seemed wholesome in a good old 1970 American way and you really wanted them to beat the bad guys. The bad guys were very rarely seen and were always a scary lurking presence off camera. The true horror was left to your racing imagination.

Freddy vs Jason is the complete opposite. Completely un-likeable Sassy Hollywood teenagers with massive breast implants and completely un-scary, and practically always on-screen "bad" guys.

The film is pretty much a poor teenage comedy farce with Freddie and Jason slugging it out like a slow motion terminator and a drunken increadible hulk. The only real horrors were the shockingly bad direction and corpse-like acting.

There isn't a single part that is in any way disturbing or scary and I would happily show it to a child of a nervous disposition.

Why aren't scary films scary any more?

Well, I guess I won't be letting the missus pick what film we are watching from now on.

Darkstar
02-02-2004, 17:49:20
It's a "Monster Fight", yes? Those are generally farces/comedies. The point of the movie is for them to fight, and fight lots. Not have a slow paced chase to see which can frighten the audience more.

maroule
02-02-2004, 18:13:21
there are still scary movies, just not made by Hollywood

Sean
02-02-2004, 18:32:47
Villmark?

DaShi
04-02-2004, 21:50:58
Massive breast implants, huh?

Pez
24-02-2004, 15:49:01
[QUOTE]Originally posted by protein
[B]When I was a kid I loved these cheapo horror flicks.
can you remember the hammer house of horrors!!!!
as a kid i was scared stupid.
these days stuff like that is on Cbbies.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: