PDA

View Full Version : Reading Festival 2004

topdogm
18-01-2004, 20:55:08
Was recommended here by Dya as your all nice guys apparently. I've just set up a reading festival website with forum, reviews, rumours, news, line up + some more stuff about festival and me and ppl who run the site. Thought ud all like to know the addy as it may prove interesting for u and a good way to keep up to date with l8est rumours and line up news. Heres the addy http://www.reading-festival.org.uk Please sign up for the forums if u go as we need some support :) thanks alot

Lazarus and the Gimp
18-01-2004, 21:56:07
Who the hell is Dya?

topdogm
18-01-2004, 23:53:39
Um i dont think he knows u personally but he said its a nice community thing here and ur all nice people and would be happy to visit my site and fill up the forum :D

protein
19-01-2004, 09:17:38
Do we get backstage passes?

Nills Lagerbaak
19-01-2004, 13:48:58
Christ, it looks shitter than last year just from a few rumours!
One band in "Line-up" section: The Whitestripes

The rumours are all the same band as last year.

Lazarus and the Gimp
19-01-2004, 17:27:24
Originally posted by topdogm
he said its a nice community thing here and ur all nice people

Bloody hell. This is what happens when Venom stops posting for a few days.

topdogm
19-01-2004, 20:33:49
hehehe... well tbh Nills theres not gonna be much of a line up really... its only january... they dont announce any more of it until april ish gotta find the bands confirming themselves until then. And those rumours are ones picked up off people. If you like that kind of music... then the yr looks fantastic, if you don't and are into the 'hard old school rock' that alot of die hard wannabe fans do to try and break away from the 'norm' then you wouldnt be going in the first place now would u?

Nills Lagerbaak
23-01-2004, 13:46:46
Well, I remember when Reading really did rock......

Anyway, if people like me didn't go, who would actually encourage the odd act like Metallica to bother turning up at all eh??
The white-fucking-stripes.....I ask ya.

Nav
24-01-2004, 19:54:36
I'd be shot if I didn't counter plug. :D

http://www.gighit.com/features/festivals04/carling_reading.html

early days still though.

more festivals at www.festivalhit.com

topdogm
28-01-2004, 08:58:05
well that site on gighit is a bit small tbh, no reviews, no band info, and the rumours are straight off of another site (efestivals) ... www.reading-festival.org.uk <-- at least we contact that bands and justify the rumours b4 posting them.

Well anyway, even if u dont like reading but like some rock/punk music we're having a cd give away competition on the site now

www.reading-festival.org.uk/competitions.asp

3 cd's giveaway altho u may not know the bands they r all fantastic but yet to break through into the main circuit. Register on the forums and then you can enter

Good luck

Nav
28-01-2004, 13:35:20
Originally posted by topdogm
well that site on gighit is a bit small tbh, no reviews, no band info, and the rumours are straight off of another site (efestivals) ... www.reading-festival.org.uk <-- at least we contact that bands and justify the rumours b4 posting them.
Part of the fun of the festivals is all the rumours that fly around, we just put down the current ones, from the best information sources we can find.

Also we're not competing with you, sorry if I gave that impression in my post.

Funkodrom
28-01-2004, 13:38:29
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Nav
28-01-2004, 16:04:17
Better steer clear of reading for a while. ;)

topdogm
11-02-2004, 04:37:16
u did :o oh well
well anyone who likes free cd's we've now got a competition up to give away a load of them
http://www.reading-festival.org.uk/competitions.asp