PDA

View Full Version : Mark Lanegan

Funkodrom
09-01-2004, 15:18:13
I love Fopp.

Picked up the Here Comes that Weird Chill ep in Fopp at the weekend (5). Just listening to it for the first time it's really good. And at 30 minutes and 8 songs it's not a bad length EP.

BigGameHunter
09-01-2004, 15:54:56
Out of all the stuff he's done, only Queens of the Stone Age didn't really do much for me. All of his solo stuff and certainly his Screaming Trees stint are excellent.
Sadly, he was in town recently, and those I know who saw the show say he is obviously hitting the heroin pretty hard these days.
That album may end up a collector's piece if he doesn't get his shit together.

Funkodrom
09-01-2004, 15:59:21
Yeah, this album/ep or whatever is excellent. No date on it so I don't know how old it is.

Sean
09-01-2004, 18:44:13
So you finally got a Fopp in Reading. How fucking long did that take?

Funkodrom
09-01-2004, 19:21:59
You mean they aren't new?

Lazarus and the Gimp
09-01-2004, 19:47:40
It's new- only been out a few weeks.

Of his solo albums "Whisky for the Holy Ghost" and "Field Songs" are the best. "The Winding Sheet" is great in places, particularly his cover of "Where did you sleep last night" with Kurt Cobain on backing vocals.

BigGameHunter
10-01-2004, 15:55:14
Yeah...it's his new one.
I'd seen him once with the Trees (great show...great band, but the brothers fought like wildcats, and, given that they were both absofuckinglutely HUGE men, that must have been a sight) and then saw Lanegan solo in a small venue here. He was on smack the first show, straight the second...I just don't understand why people do shit like that...but having never done it, I guess I can't say I wouldn't get hooked myself.

In the Pacific Northwest, Lanegan and the Trees are probably more god like than Nirvana and Cobain were...right behind the Wipers on the music heirarchy.

Funkodrom
11-01-2004, 11:17:20
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
It's new- only been out a few weeks.

Of his solo albums "Whisky for the Holy Ghost" and "Field Songs" are the best. "The Winding Sheet" is great in places, particularly his cover of "Where did you sleep last night" with Kurt Cobain on backing vocals.

Cool, thanks.