PDA

View Full Version : IE Maximize Error

Jeratain
08-12-2003, 05:50:18
Grrr.. this is annoying. My "friend" linked me to some site, and trustingly I clicked on it, when all of a sudden I see "You are an idiot!" pop up and sing all over my screen. Needless to say I got him back by linking him to a picture of a man's ass stretched open (goatse) so my revenge is complete.. for now. However in the midst of this "fun" I have come to notice that now Internet Explorer refuses to cooperate with me when I hit the maximize button. I like exploring with a maximized window. I do not like using small windows. Here is what it looks like when I maximize:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/jer_desktop.jpg

It is only with IE that this happens. I can stretch the window to fit the screen if I want, but I don't want to do that. I like to convenience of maximizing it with the hit of a button.

I have already tried the following:
Changing my resolution.
Restarting.
Checking for spyware and viruses.
All to no avail.

And please don't tell me that I should "get Opera or Mozilla or Netscape." I already use Opera as well, and I hate the other two.

Thanks if anyone can help :)

Jeratain
08-12-2003, 05:53:21
Never mind, I got it fixed. I clicked some random Javascript page and it resized my canvas for me, and that saved as the default for IE... whacky thing.

Sir Penguin
08-12-2003, 06:19:42
You could probably click on some random javascript page and it will resize the window for you and save it as the default.

SP

Sir Penguin
08-12-2003, 06:20:07
x-post

SP

Drekkus
08-12-2003, 16:45:07
:lol:

MDA
08-12-2003, 17:28:38
:lol: too bad the post is time stamped, there should be a way to suppress that when you post.