PDA

View Full Version : PES3 versus

King_Ghidra
03-11-2003, 16:32:34
Played my first games of Pes3 versus a human on friday night. Our mate Dan came round before we went out and we had three great games.

First up
Spartak Moscow (KG) vs Man City (Dan)
Two fairly evenly matched teams of average quality and a very even game. Dan went 1-0 up with a well taken volley from the irrepressible Anelka, but i soon levelled with a close range header in a goal mouth scramble. I forgot who scored the final two goals, but we got one each and the game ended 2-2.

Second game
Internazionale (KG) vs Juventus (Dan)
Despite complaints from Dan that i was fielding an ineligible player (the recently transferred Crespo) and the presence of some international flair all over the park, this was a game dominated by the midfields and defences. A few close chances, especially from the very dangerous Trezegeut, but nothing could prevent the game ending 0-0.

Third game
Denmark (KG) vs Australia (Dan)
Well this is where things really kicked off! Within 3 minutes, Dan's reckless fouling fnally caught up with him at last and he conceded a penalty and had a man sent off. I duly despatched the penalty and took the lead. Not four minutes later, another jinking run into the box from Jorgsenson, another rash challenge from Dan, and another penalty and red card!
After 7 minutes Dan was 2-0 down and down to nine men. Dan reshufled his pack, leaving the dangerous Kewell and viduka up front and re-packing the defence. Soon his strategy reaped it's reward, Kewell dancing through my team and slotting home, 2-1. Unbelievably Dan then comitted another foul on one of my attackers in the box and a third penalty was awarded! This time the defender was shown only the yellow card, but once again i sent the kick home to make the score 3-1. Hold on to your hats, it actually gets worse, Dan later amazingly for the fourth time brought down one of my players and gave away his fourth penalty of the game. Once again I slotted to make the score 4-1.
Dan staged an incredible late rally, bagging first one goal to make the score 4-2 and then banging home another wonder goal from the free running Kewell to make the final score 4-3, narrowly missing out on a miracle comeback.

Lessons:

Despite the improved marking of Pes3, the opportunity for skilled forwards to run at slower defences and cause havoc is still there.

Even apparently successful sliding challenges are often whistled as fouls

I finally understand what sean means about sliding to intercept passes, although i didn't find it to be too effective.

Italian football lived up to it's defensive reputation ;)

Pes3 is the best football game in the world :D

Sean
03-11-2003, 17:21:54
Oh, could you try something else out? After a certain amount of red cards get shown, the game makes it so players can’t get sent off any more rather than abandoning the match. Still the case?

King_Ghidra@home
03-11-2003, 20:10:58
as soon as the gf's monday night soap marathon is over i promise :)

The Shaker
21-11-2003, 17:50:57
and..... what happened/...

Sean
21-11-2003, 17:52:15
I can try it now. Mwahahahahaaaaaa.

Sean
22-11-2003, 12:17:02
Any Master League player tips, Mr Ghidra?

Nav
23-11-2003, 12:40:59
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
Even apparently successful sliding challenges are often whistled as fouls Just like in real life. :D

King_Ghidra@home
23-11-2003, 18:18:45
Originally posted by Sean
Any Master League player tips, Mr Ghidra?

well it hardly counts as a tip, but the aforementioned henry turned my team around when i got him up front

the two best tips i can give are:

1) make full use of the young player training. in this version you can train your youngsters up to be absolutely incredible. yes they'll be shit for a while and you'll have to carry them, but play them for a full 90 in a few matches and they'll be solid. a few more and they'll be amazing

2) make full use of the trade function in transfers. don't try and develop a squad, but trade your intermediate players for great players to create a best first xi

Sean
23-11-2003, 19:37:02
I doubt I will be able to buy Henry for a ML division 3 team :).

Thanks for the other tips.

Sean
25-11-2003, 17:33:49
Bah, I give up until I upgrade. Whenever it rains performance drops dramatically and I lose :(.

Just do some unlocking, then. Playing on 1 star is very boring, although I did make Steve Marlet top scorer in an International Cup despite playing only one game.

The Shaker
28-11-2003, 15:23:48
Well i've had this for a while
I must be shit.
I have won about 2 games in 40 odd.
Master league sequence of 10 straight 0-0 draws.
impossible to score.
But then that happens with each previous version to me as well
Give it a few months and i'll be sorted.
I like the pay to unlock idea though.

Funkodrom
28-11-2003, 17:13:12
Still haven't seen this game let alone played it. :beer:

Scud Wallaby
28-11-2003, 17:19:44
Originally posted by The Shaker
Well i've had this for a while
I must be shit.
I have won about 2 games in 40 odd.
Master league sequence of 10 straight 0-0 draws.
impossible to score.
But then that happens with each previous version to me as well
Give it a few months and i'll be sorted.
I like the pay to unlock idea though.

What level are you playing at?

-Scud-

The Shaker
28-11-2003, 17:45:18
default.
I know, i could change it down a bit,
but somehow I'd feel dirty, even though noone else would know :)

King_Ghidra
28-11-2003, 18:00:57
don't do it. You'll soon start turning those 0-0's into 1-0's and 2-0's

that's what happened to me at least

now i score most every game and the computer hardly ever scores against me.

maroule
28-11-2003, 18:18:54
your mom must be so proud

Sean
28-11-2003, 18:41:28
I find goal-mouth scrambles to be a great source of goals. Two of the first three I scored in the demo were own goals, and the first time I chipped the keeper I was attempting a cross.

King_Ghidra
28-11-2003, 18:53:33
Originally posted by maroule
your mom must be so proud

bygone off on your holiday

maroule
29-11-2003, 10:45:16
:D
going now

Scud Wallaby
29-11-2003, 11:17:06
Originally posted by The Shaker
default.
I know, i could change it down a bit,
but somehow I'd feel dirty, even though noone else would know :)

Ha - know exactly what you mean - I started off at level 3/5 and just got torn apart but was v. reluctant to drop. Eventually I did.

I'm doing master league on level 2 at the moment but although it's a bit of a challenge it's not quite difficult enough. I won division 2 no problems and have just finished third in Div 1 with a team of dross.

I think I need to practise special moves a bit more though and develop strategies etc, then i'll be ready to go back to Level 3.

-Scud-

Funkodrom
01-12-2003, 09:44:55
Finally played it!!!

1st Game - me vs the guy K_G was playing before

England 0 - 3 Portugal. I was England. I actually played really well and had a few chances to score. Was very disappointed with 2 of the goals but couldn't complain about them. Wasn't expecting to do well before we started but after the game was gutted to lose.

2nd Game me vs K_G

Chelsea 1 - 1 Newcastle I was England. Very tight game (as games between me and K_G always are) Hasselbaink put me ahead early on with an absolute rocket and I had to soak up a lot of pressure before K_G equalised. In the end we both had chances for winners.

3rd Game vs K_G

Real Betis 2(?) - 0 Valencia. I was Valencia, I know I lost and didn't score but can't remember by how many. Playing the default formations in all these games to experiment with how they work. Really didn't get on with 4-5-1. Couldn't get the ball into Carew enough and when I did Aimar wasn't supporting close enough. Frustrating game.

4th Game vs K_G

Senegal 3 - 1 Serbia and Montenegro. My first win, helped by the fact that my players are a lot faster than the Serbians. At 2-1 Serbia missed a great chance (from a free kick I think) and I broke and made it 3-1. Also scored with a free kick (and a cross!!!).

First impressions - Crosses actually work. It's faster and slicker passing wise but (against humans at least) it doesn't take much to adapt from the old version to the new. Main differences are computer players marking better and predicting your passes better. The others say that the computer opponents are a lot harder which is probably true. It also seems to be a bit easier to put together moves and encourage (and reward) passing attacking football better than negative hacking. Which is great.

King_Ghidra
01-12-2003, 10:30:29
Originally posted by Funkodrom

Chelsea 1 - 1 Newcastle I was England.

think you might want to edit that

Funkodrom
01-12-2003, 10:31:46
:lol:

Let's leave it. I was Chelsea.

Sean
01-12-2003, 18:38:02
I always play with the default formations, can’t be arsed to change them. For some reason the Valencia 4-5-1 rarely works for me, but the Deportivo 4-5-1 is a thing of beauty.

King_Ghidra
01-12-2003, 19:53:37
I always play with the default formations, can’t be arsed to change them.

Madness. Most of the default formations don't even have the best players in the side.

Sean
01-12-2003, 19:56:01
Oh, I change the line-up. Just not the formation. Once I played as classic Brazil with one keeper and ten attackers.

Funkodrom
02-12-2003, 10:04:23
I always play with the default formations, can’t be arsed to change them. For some reason the Valencia 4-5-1 rarely works for me, but the Deportivo 4-5-1 is a thing of beauty.

Well, it's to do with having different players in the side. :)

2 friendlies against the computer today Chelsea vs Middlesborough (who K_G put in, I have a copy of his memory card) on *** Won 1-0 and drew 0-0.

Still not really into playing vs the computer, they produced one save out of Cudicini in the two matches. It's just not the same without the element of playing someone human.

Gramercy Riffs
02-12-2003, 14:05:17
France are an excellent side on the new PES. They work very well against Brazil. Lots of goals.

Venom
02-12-2003, 14:07:59
Originally posted by Funkodrom

Let's leave it. I was Chelsea.

That wasn't intentional? It was a great joke.

King_Ghidra
02-12-2003, 14:11:41
Originally posted by Gramercy Riffs
France are an excellent side on the new PES. They work very well against Brazil. Lots of goals.

If you're who i think you are, i'm going to kick your ass

Funkodrom
02-12-2003, 14:17:12

As I said, I'd rather lose 1-0 five times than 5-0 once. :cute:

MoSe
02-12-2003, 14:23:02
Pes3 is the best football game in the world :D

Pes-ter???

Gramercy Riffs
02-12-2003, 14:30:33
If you're who i think you are, i'm going to kick your ass

Ah, rumbled! Sorry, could'nt resist.:lol:

The Shaker
13-12-2003, 15:31:04
I think the thing i like about this is that 'the trick' works better again.
And there is a 'double the trick'
woo

Funkodrom
13-12-2003, 19:11:15
Is there?

France might be good, but they are shit compared to mighty Norway!!!

Gramercy Riffs
13-12-2003, 19:21:45
:hmm: :bash:

Funkodrom
13-12-2003, 19:27:54
My memory is hazy about last night... but did I really score 4 goals in extra time with Arsenal?

fp
17-12-2003, 05:40:22
You can all play this game and I cannot therefore you are all fucking bastards.

Funkodrom
17-12-2003, 09:16:40
Hey FP!!! :beer:

fp
18-12-2003, 03:59:42
Hey Mike!!! :shitkoreanbeer: