PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Sky - Vanilla Shit more like.

Debaser
15-10-2003, 15:56:36
I just watched this film. It's rubbibh. Penelope Cruz look nice though.

BigGameHunter
16-10-2003, 23:43:25
Maybe your drunkenness had an impact?

Actually...I didn't care for it all that much myself. Too "odd" for the sake of oddness.

Reminded me of that other crap one that Kubrick did with Cruise...can't remember the name now.

I defy anyone to point out a better mindfuck movie than Jacob's Ladder...no one has done it well since then, with the possible exception of Sixth Sense. And don't ask me to define mindfuck, because you know what I mean.

Debaser
17-10-2003, 00:43:25
Unfortunately I wasn't remotely drunk when I saw it. It was just a typical rainy tuesday evening and I was on my own.

It wasn't the oddness I didn't like (I don't think it was odd at all really), I just object to completely ludicrous story lines and completely random and out of the blue plot twists. I also object to the idea that anyone would be that upset about finding themselves going out with Cameron Diaz.

Funkodrom
17-10-2003, 08:02:45
I never understood what anyone saw in Penelope Cruz until I watched that film. (I'd only ever seen still photos before).

King_Ghidra
17-10-2003, 08:09:09
What was the original film called that this was a remake of?

That's meant to be far superior, i think Cruz is in that too.

fp
17-10-2003, 08:15:52
Originally posted by BigGameHunter
Reminded me of that other crap one that Kubrick did with Cruise...can't remember the name now.

Eyes Wide Shut. And yeah, that was shit too.

Funkodrom
17-10-2003, 08:15:54
I thought the concept of the film was good, if not the execution. It is basically a cheesy love movie when you get down to it though.

Sean
18-10-2003, 17:43:37
The original film was Abre los ojos, with Eduardo Noriega and Penelope Cruz. I have it on DVD if anyone wants to borrow it.