PDA

View Full Version : Everybody likes the Wurzels

Funkodrom
07-02-2002, 11:35:59
The Wurzels are "The West Country's finest musical export" they are a band most famous for their song "I've got a brand new combine harvester" and have lot of songs extolling the virtues of Cider, Farming and being from the West Country.

Unholy Guitarist Goat Lord AKA Lars Lagerback has decided that he's a big Wurzels fan because he spent some time in Bristol at Uni. Anyway this is, always, the subject of some heated debate between band members. One particular time we were arguing outside the After Dark, he was claiming that everyone liked The Wurzels and I said that no-one liked them. So we had a small wager. He bet me that the next person who walked past would like The Wurzels and I, obviously, accepted, what an easy bet to win thought I.

So he stops the next person to go by, a perfectly normal looking kid and asks him if he likes the Wurzels. "Yeah! They are great!" my heart sank, "I used to go to the same school as one of them." Goat Lord looked very puzzled... "No, not at the same time..." they proceeded to have a long and in depth conversation about how good the Wurzels were.

So there you have it, conclusive proof that everyone likes The Wurzels.

http://www.wurzelmania.co.uk

Lazarus and the Gimp
07-02-2002, 20:46:19
They're crap.

Funkodrom
07-02-2002, 20:48:12
That's what I said. :D

Lazarus and the Gimp
07-02-2002, 22:37:40
It's great. Within seconds of hearing a Somerset accent, ill-advised people often start mentioning the Wurzels only to discover that stereotypes of Somersetters as bucolic, jolly types are often way off the mark.

Foetus
08-02-2002, 00:48:07
Ah, but when they get irate, they're easily distracted to make your escape.

Oooh, Look Laz ... a tractor ...

Funkodrom
08-02-2002, 09:50:26
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
It's great. Within seconds of hearing a Somerset accent, ill-advised people often start mentioning the Wurzels only to discover that stereotypes of Somersetters as bucolic, jolly types are often way off the mark.

:lol:

King_Ghidra
08-02-2002, 11:25:48
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

well they may not be jolly, but surely they must be bucolic?

or is there some kind of hidden city in somerset a la Atlantis?

Funkodrom
08-02-2002, 11:37:12
bucolic does mean they've got the plague right?

Lazarus and the Gimp
08-02-2002, 17:55:57
Originally posted by King_Ghidra

well they may not be jolly, but surely they must be bucolic?

or is there some kind of hidden city in somerset a la Atlantis?

Yes. There's a seat of ancient mystery and great power there. It's called Yeovil.

Provost Harrison
11-02-2002, 14:09:01
The Lost City of Yeovil. Supposedly home of the great Emperor Paddy Ashdown :D

Funkodrom
11-02-2002, 14:10:57
I don't believe he exists.