PDA

View Full Version : Alan Moore

BigGameHunter
14-08-2003, 15:08:15
I've really been getting into his stuff lately. It started with The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (excellent), followed by The Watchmen (even better) and now I'm plowing through Top Ten (haven't decided just how good it is, but I like it).
This guy is really brilliant, a much smarter writer than most of the caped hero crap out there already.
He writes in such a way that his nationality is not really an issue, but uses it to great effect when he wants to. TLOEG is a great piece of history at times.

Oh...in case you don't know...I'm talking about comic books here, or, if you're my age and trying not to look too foolish, "graphic novels".
:)

Venom
14-08-2003, 15:17:15
Yeah, because the LXG movie isn't that good.

BigGameHunter
14-08-2003, 15:31:35
No, it isn't...it is pretty good from a mechanical standpoint, but it is definitely lacking some substance. I don't think it would have hurt it any to be more true to the original story, do you?

Also...does anyone know why Top 10 had such a limited run?

Venom
14-08-2003, 15:50:35
I think the movie would have been much better served to have been truer to the original story. Why even add Tom Sawyer? The only good thing about the movie was Peta Wilson.

Noisy
16-08-2003, 10:38:32
Another convert to 'The Watchmen'. Excellent!

BigGameHunter
16-08-2003, 16:30:28
The Watchmen really touched on a lot of pertinent issues, if you ask me. There is a very valid theme of alienation in the world, and who better to elucidate it than a bunch of conflicted/disdained super heroes?
Ah! Now your avatar finally makes sense! The Comedian's pin...damn...!