PDA

View Full Version : Kings of Leon

King_Ghidra@home
07-07-2003, 20:45:27
The hype machine is in full effect for these guys, anyone have an opinion?

i missed them at glastonbury but the couple of tracks i've heard sound good. I'm finding it difficult to describe their sound or even a similar sounding band, but i'm sure my fellow CG'ers can come up with something

Scabrous Birdseed
07-07-2003, 21:01:48
The only review I've read of the album consisted almost entirely of statements of the type "what the Strokes would have sounded like if they'd spent their lives on a Mississippi coal barge, what Litte Feat would have sounded like if he'd come out of Manhattan".

And yes, I missed them too (at the overhyped Accelerator "festival" at a club here in Stockholm). I've not conciously heard anything by them, I'm not sure why I'm posting in this thread really.

Debaser
07-07-2003, 21:09:23
I didn't they were great when I saw them on Later... but I've not heard the album or anything yet.

zmama
08-07-2003, 13:19:14
Where, who, what? Sounds like something I'd like...info?

Debaser
08-07-2003, 13:28:03
Their website is here http://www.kingsofleon.com/frames.html

I listened to a few songs of theirs this morning. They have a tune called Wicker Chair that's quite nice, but what lets them down for me is the singer, who basically just sounds retarded.

The actual music is quite good, in a kind of country/rock, Ryan Adams meets the Vines way. They're probably worth checking out if that kind of thing appeals.

zmama
08-07-2003, 13:30:17
Ryan Adams?? :vom:
Well, never mind then...

edit...oops, not enough coffee yet. I read that wrong, you said Ryan Adams, Not Brian Adams. Stupid me..I'll go listen to them now. Thanks for the link:gasmaske:

zmama
08-07-2003, 13:50:07
Well, if they get a new singer I might be interested.

Mr. Bas
11-07-2003, 20:01:23
I gave a couple of their tracks a quick listen, didn't really impress me. I'll give them another try, but I doubt I'm going to like them.