PDA

View Full Version : D2LOD 1.10 IS OUT!!!

The Mad Monk
04-07-2003, 03:20:43
Just SP, and just beta, still!!!!!

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?FN=d2-general&T=311740&P=1&ReplyCount=24#post311740

Sir Penguin
04-07-2003, 03:23:53
Just SP? I think any SP is pretty good.

SP

The Mad Monk
04-07-2003, 12:05:00
Not if you're the only one who can friggin play it.

fp
04-07-2003, 15:36:51
What's your impression of it so far MM?

The Mad Monk
04-07-2003, 20:30:08
Amazingly enough, I don't have one yet.

BECAUSE I CAN'T GET THE !@#$%^&* THING TO DOWNLOAD!

Dammit.

Ellipsis
04-07-2003, 21:24:21
Well, for one thing, some of the boss packs are harder. I was almost killed by Coldcrow & co in normal (players 8). Fallen shamans have a longer resurrection range, Blood Raven did some new elemental damage and stun lock is very annoying. Only finished Cain in Normal, and most of the changes should be in Hell. I haven't got enough skill points to test the synergies yet, either.

fp
05-07-2003, 11:03:18
Originally posted by The Mad Monk
BECAUSE I CAN'T GET THE !@#$%^&* THING TO DOWNLOAD!

I've got it. Post your e-mail address and I'll sent it to you - it's only 4.7MB.

I'm still on Act One Normal (had to reinstall the game to play this) and my impressions match those of Ellipsis so far. The game is definitely a bit harder than it used to be.

The skill synergies make planning a build rather confusing. It remains to be seen how effective some of the paths will be - it's very hard to tell just from looking at the skil trees.

The Mad Monk
06-07-2003, 11:18:32
Unfortunately, that's large enough to make my dial-up cough blood and die.

I'll just slog along until it comes in for real. :)

...I do have to say, I don't like the way they shunted all the higher power cubing recipes into ladder-only. The way I play, if the three month ladder season holds, I'll never get to use them. :(

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
06-07-2003, 19:36:22
This is interesting. Now I really like having dual operating systems on my PC. I can load the beta and it shouldn't screw up my main characters :)

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
08-07-2003, 17:16:38
I downloaded it as I was posting the above, and spent a bit of time on the weekend trying it out with a brand new barbarian. I didn't see any real difficulty improvements over v1.09 in SP, though I did notice non-shaman accompanied fallen in the Blood Moor - nice to have a bit more variety there. The usual uniques were about as tough as before (blood Raven was surprisingly easy, Corpsefire seemed the same, and I breezed past Coldcrow without even realizing I'd killed her).

Haven't gotten to a point where skill synergies play much of a role, so far I've got Bash contributing 10% to the two-handed attack skill (which isn't much to make any difference so far).

Still, it didn't crash yet, and I'm thinking about backing up my characters in the WinXP install I have and upgrading that (and LoC's copy) to see if multiplayer is any better, but since this claims to b a cut-down 1.10, I might hold off until the official version comes out.

Ellipsis
08-07-2003, 20:02:11
What players mode is that? In players 8 I definitely notice a big difference in boss packs. Not so much the bosses themselves, but their underlings are deadlier and lasts longer. Nightmare is slow going with my crappy gear. I think I'm going down to players 5...

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
09-07-2003, 19:41:15
Just single player, I'm afraid. Maybe I can road test it with 3 players later this week if my kids ever decide if they want their PC networked.

Ellipsis
09-07-2003, 20:29:28
I'm playing single player as well :). If you want to simulate multiplayer mode in single player, type /players x (where x is a number from 1 to 8) at any time. This will give the monsters more hit points, better chance at dropping items and you more experience. Depending on the class or build this could be more challenging/tedious, but the barbarian could easily handle a few more monster hit points at the start :), and it helps staying ahead of the monster level curve. This is sanctioned by Blizzard by the way, as they added it in one of the previous patches.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
10-07-2003, 03:07:21
Cool, I'll have to try that.

Cumber
29-07-2003, 12:30:27
Originally posted by The Mad Monk
...I do have to say, I don't like the way they shunted all the higher power cubing recipes into ladder-only. The way I play, if the three month ladder season holds, I'll never get to use them. :(

I do believe ladder only means ladder only on the Realms... certainly I remember checking and finding that ladder only items (and I think the new higher level Rune recipies) can by found in single player/open games.

The Mad Monk
31-07-2003, 05:43:53
Yes, but I am on the realms.