PDA

View Full Version : SimCity 4 : Rush Hour announced!

Darkstar
07-05-2003, 20:47:08
Story found at: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/simcity4rushhour/news_6026414.html

Maxis has just announced that they are hard at work on SC4's expansion: "Rush Hour". It's focus is the transportation network. This expansion will allow players to put in one way streets, broad avenues, ferries, more bridges, lay out air traffic patterns, and a whole slew more of transportation features. Players will also be able to personalise their cities geography by naming streets and neighborhoods.

Additionally, it seems even the llama mad coder crew of Maxis have gotten bit by the GTA series, as Rush Hour will also include the ability to take control of various vehicles in the city, and do things. Take control of a fire truck, and rush madly through your city to put out fires. Take control of a police car, and chase down car thieves/car jackers. I wonder if they are recycling any of their SimCopter code or missions? That game was always a blast!

And of course, there will be more Maxis zaniness included. In a nod to X-Com, players will be able to take control of a UFO, and make crop circles. Or just launch an Alien Invasion disaster.

This will be a definate must have for SimCity fans!

Nav
08-05-2003, 17:47:16
So is that GTA stlye bit top down, 3D or in the standard isometric view? any idea?

MDA
08-05-2003, 19:30:53
Zaxxon view, I hope. Complete with surface to air missiles.

Deacon
08-05-2003, 19:55:19
I love the GTA3 vigilante missions, but SC4 will probably deduct points for running over bystanders during the chase. :)

Darkstar
09-05-2003, 21:03:48
nav, I expect it will be first person view. SC4 is all 3D.

Deacon, I expect you will indeed find running over peds is not a bonus.