PDA

View Full Version : I jus bought an Xbox

King_Ghidra
28-04-2003, 14:34:27
I finally yielded to temptation and went out and bought a pack yesterday containing Halo, Metal gear solid: substance and an extra controller from HMV.

I bought DOA xtreme beach volleyball (which was the game that really made me decide to buy an xbox i must admit) as well.

So far i have only played DOAxbv which is a little surreal but absolutely brilliant.

I really like the Xbox's menu system and the internal hard drive for the save games and (coolest of all) the way it lets you burn audio tracks from cd onto the hard drive and then use them for the game soundtrack. So my lovely bikini babes have been playing to the sounds of dancehall compilation 400% Dynamite rather than the crappy b*witched soundtrack that comes with it.

Anyway i'm going to buy DOA3 at some point, which should tide me over until Soul Calibur 2 comes out in sept

Sean
28-04-2003, 14:45:17
You bought an X-Box the very week that Zelda is released?

Anyway, how does DoA stack up to Beach Spikers? I’m guessing it’s better, but how so?

Venom
28-04-2003, 14:46:13
KG must be rich.

Scabrous Birdseed
28-04-2003, 14:53:37
Psychonauts! The Only Reason to Buy an Xbox®!

King_Ghidra
28-04-2003, 15:01:54
yes i am rich, promotion remember?

not played beach spikers, the thing about DOAXBV is that although the volleyball bit is good there's lots more to it as well. Just trying to get the girls to make friends and form a team is hard enough, they're so bitchy. You have to buy the other girs presents based on their likes and dislikes and hope they'll team up with you. Then if you lose matches they get angry at each other and your team can split up, so there's plenty to keep you busy.

Then there's the whole dress up doll thing. You can buy various accessories such as hats, shoes, sunglasses and swimsuits. I know that sounds amazingly gay but you'll just have to take my word for it, it's fun.

it's very nicely paced and relaxing, a good summer game.

maroule
28-04-2003, 15:17:38
welcome to the club
if you get the live, + if they start making interesting multiplayer games, we'll joust online. Asher is there too.

I find Halo amazing, + fifa03, Baldur Gate dark alliance, morrowind and counterstrike well worth getting

maroule
28-04-2003, 15:23:37
err, not counterstrike, counter what ever, the tom clancy tactical shooter

Sean
28-04-2003, 15:27:02
Bah. When will you learn that FIFA is not an adequate replacement for PES/WE?

Sean
28-04-2003, 15:32:45
I reckon Winning Eleven is worth importing, BTW, if only because I have now made the commentator sing with delight at my last-minute winning goals.

King_Ghidra
28-04-2003, 15:34:53
yes i know asher is the resident xbox evangelist :)

i'm just waiting for him to turn up and tell me that splinter cell is a million times better than mgs2:substance (although i will not disagree as i was not amazed with mgs 2 on the ps2)

maroule
28-04-2003, 15:35:58
Originally posted by Sean
Bah. When will you learn that FIFA is not an adequate replacement for PES/WE?

whenever they publish it on a platform I use

Asher
28-04-2003, 18:08:29
Originally posted by Scabrous Birdseed
Psychonauts! The Only Reason to Buy an Xbox®!
And Voodoo Vince, and Halo (Halo 2), and Fable, etc.

Brute Force looks very promising as well.

And Splinter Cell is a million times better than MGS2: Substance. The Xbox port of MGS2:S is particularly craptastic.

The Shaker
30-04-2003, 19:45:45
Originally posted by King_Ghidra

Then there's the whole dress up doll thing. You can buy various accessories such as hats, shoes, sunglasses and swimsuits. I know that sounds amazingly gay but you'll just have to take my word for it, it's fun.

sounds like a normal weekend for you.

Chairman Yang
05-05-2003, 06:18:35
Ive actually saved together some money and was thinking of buying an xbox. It costs about $200 here, and then I think there's only one controller and no games included. Is it, in your opinion, worth it for someone who spends most time with a computer and dont really have much cash?

Asher
05-05-2003, 06:21:33
May 14th (E3), all the consoles are going to drop $50US at least in North America.

GCN to $99, Xbox/PS2 to $149

Asher
05-05-2003, 06:27:33
And I thought the Xbox came with SegaGT 2002 and Jet Set Radio Future for free?

BigGameHunter
08-05-2003, 20:42:46
I have a PS2 I rarely play.
I just quit games when I get to a point of no forward progress. That's why GTA3 is just sitting there.

I like Ricky Carmichael's Motocross (couple of years old) 'cause there's a freestyle event that can be picked up and put down at will.

And, I'm sorry, but that volleyball deal sounds extremely gay.
:)