PDA

View Full Version : What kind of movie would you make?

Sultan Bhargash
16-04-2003, 18:19:24
You've got one shot, carte blanche from a studio and plenty of time and your choice of casting, to make a movie. If it is critically and/or commercially successful, you are guaranteed a life time of wealth.

What kind of movie would you make? As much details as you like. I'll post my own answer after I've carefully considered it.

Sean
16-04-2003, 22:38:35
Critically successful? Include a disabled person.

Commercially successful? Pretty damn obvious, too.

Sir Penguin
16-04-2003, 23:11:49
I'd embezzle the funds, and give them the movie my group made in French 11.

SP

Debaser
17-04-2003, 00:50:55
I'd make a Pretty In Pink/Pump Up The Volume style 80's teen film. The soundtrack will feature classic Slippery When Wet era Bon Jovi.

Actually me and Funkodrom have this all planned out already, and it'll be amazing.

jsorense
17-04-2003, 06:12:05
:gotit:
I would film "jsorense: the lives of a hero."
I would cast myself in the title role.
Venom would be the town drunk with a mysterious past, RC would be the shifty land speculator, Sir Penguin would play the repressed ostrich, Tizzy the bank president, Mightytree a redwood in the park, Brother Greg a beached destroyer captain, Vincent the reclusive artist with a funny accent, MikeH as the Duke of Reading, Guy as the guy next door, Beta1 the mad scientist, Lurker as the private detective bent upon revenge, Aredhran the local bee keeper who is sweet on town beauty as played by Nell, who is protected by Shining1's the role of a lifetime as a dragon. LadyRachel is the fortune teller with a hidden agenda and Roland is a sleazy lawyer trying to steal her farm so that the railroad can be built by a foreign tycoon played by Drekus and doublecross RC. MDA is the road weary rock star returning home to reunite with his highschool sweatheart played by Kory . . . Hey this is kinda fun, too bad it is time to go to bed.
Oh, yeah, the all lived happily ever after.
:)

ozscott75
17-04-2003, 07:19:30
Originally posted by Debaser
I'd make a Pretty In Pink/Pump Up The Volume style 80's teen film. The soundtrack will feature classic Slippery When Wet era Bon Jovi.

Actually me and Funkodrom have this all planned out already, and it'll be amazing.

I got's to have me one. :bounce:

Darkstar
17-04-2003, 19:37:20
First off, I'd go digging through the short stories. Movies are short stories, even when you have 92 minutes.

Other then that... humm... maybe a dark hero tale, similar to "Villians by Necessity". The last Villians (all super small time and just overlooked) are out to save the world from becoming completely "Good" after Good and Evil have fought a tremendous battle to the finish, and Good won. It's now all happily ever after for everyone, whether they like it or not, and the Villians are fed up and doing something about it. A nice story... plenty of potential to pull lots of fun stuff...

jsorense
17-04-2003, 20:20:47
That has Bruce Campbell written al over it Darkstar.

Tuberski
21-04-2003, 23:22:07
I would make a movie of the funniest horror story ever written:

"Naked came the Sasquatch" by John Boston.

A customer reference:

Lets face it, anyone reading these Sasquatch reviews are doing so because they've read the book, loved it and want to know what other people have said. The gods smiled on me the day I found this brilliant book hiding in my local bookstore. I read the first page, marvelled at the low cost of the book and bought it. I laughed, cried and laughed when I read it. I then promptly read it again. The characters are very well thought out, and I am thinking of changing my name to 'Tuberski'. Why this book is not a best seller and hasn't been snapped up for film rights is beyond me. I like the descriptions of Northern California(?), it sounds like a good place to live. This book made me want to do silly things like write letters of praise to the author and shout how good it was (the book that is)from the top of the nearest hill(!). Do you get the feeling that John Boston knows something about the sasquatch that most of the rest of the world doesn't. Has he written any other novels or short stories? Finally 'foof' has become a permanent part of my dictionary.