PDA

View Full Version : What I've been reading lately...

Darkstar
10-04-2003, 05:57:52
Catching up on my email a few days ago, I noticed an ad from one of my ebook sellers, telling me they finally had "Blood of a Dragon" (#4 in Laurence Watt-Evans Legends of Ethshar series).

I like W-E's writing. His "Misenchanted Sword" and "A Single Spell" are two of my life long favorite books. I'd never managed to catch #4 before, despite regularly looking for it whenever I did book browsing/shopping in person. Now I know why... It's an alright read, but certainly not going to join the list of my favorites. It's more about pettiness and revenge then most of the others of its series. Maybe that's what puts me off? Or it could be the ending... most of the Ethshar ends with the Hero firmly winning, not coming up with a life long plan to still execute to 'win'.

Still, I'm glad to see my electron pusher has managed to acquire the full series. ;) They also have the sixth book of the series, which I cannot recall reading. So I'm continuing to support them, and encourage them to widen their selection of wares by authors I like. Dropped a good bit of cash on them, as they had a few other books I liked. And one I just adored for its silliness and satire of SF in general ('Illegal Aliens').

You know, I really do love being able to carry a few hundred books around with me, in the palm of my hand, at once.

What have you been wasting your e-reader on, Chagarra? :D

BigGameHunter
10-04-2003, 07:05:00
I don't have anything on my Palm...what are good e book distributor sites?

I'm "hard reading" Red Mars now...didn't like it at first, set it aside and now am really enjoying it...seems like a great bit of research was put into that novel.

Darkstar
10-04-2003, 07:40:11
Free or for cash?

We've got a thread on that hear already. I'll see if I cannot dig it up...

Darkstar
10-04-2003, 07:45:02
Check out this thread:

http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7657

It's about where to find e-books/ebooks. Free and for cash, AIR.

BigGameHunter
10-04-2003, 07:51:31
Cool, thanks!
Don't know if I'd ever read it on the palm except for on a plane ride/road trip, etc....maybe.