PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Galaxy Beta 3 looking for people

Darkstar
03-04-2003, 22:02:57
Found at:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/starwarsgalaxiesaned/news_6024508.html

5,000 worth of new spots being given out by the end of next week. Total beta testers expected to be 50,000 at end of this beta cycle. For more info, check the link.

Shining1
04-04-2003, 02:32:13
Thanks DS!

HelloKitty
21-04-2003, 23:39:06
I am in the beta. The game is absolutly amazing.

Venom
22-04-2003, 12:06:17
You lie.

maroule
22-04-2003, 12:26:57
HelloKitty, what am I doing on your avatar fucking a blue donkey???

Darkstar
22-04-2003, 19:37:38
That's HelloKitty and her boy, Vincent, doing the dirty. Are you saying you are HelloKitty? You can't be, Maroule. You aren't hated enough.

Venom
22-04-2003, 19:43:42
By me he certainly is. But I only sorta hate Hello Kitty. She's part of the Triangle of Death.

Darkstar
22-04-2003, 21:17:56
The Triage of Death?

HelloKitty
22-04-2003, 21:30:35
TOD!!!!!

Where is the super secret third member? THE SHAKER!

Venom
23-04-2003, 01:41:50
He is around...somewhere. Shaking.

Greg W
27-04-2003, 00:52:46
Just got my invite to beta today. Unfortunately, due to Australian ISPs being assholes and implementing download limits, and me being within 20Meg of mine, it'll have to wait till thursday before I download it.

King_Ghidra@home
28-05-2003, 17:18:27
so what's the beta like greg?

my cowie got into the beta today, he says you get two keys so with any luck i 'll be able to give it a go too.

Darkstar
28-05-2003, 22:44:10
I've been hearing mixed reviews on this from the non-hardcore SW fans. Hardcore swear its the next thing to fucking Leia and Han in their dreams, but hardcore are like that, you know?

Greg W
29-05-2003, 05:38:53
Not really all that great, really. Some of the concepts are well implemented, but the content just doesn't seem to be complete yet.

The Shaker
29-05-2003, 09:37:58
appearance....

well as long as they have a well implemented concept.

King_Ghidra
04-06-2003, 12:07:01
Well i'm in the beta now thanks to my cowie. They have a non-dsclosure agreement so i can't say too much, but i am enjoying it a lot so far.

The graphics are really nice, they're certainly pushing my trusty geforce2, but the architecture and environment show plenty of effort and imagination on the developers part

Haven't seen any major bugs so far apart from sometimes you get a mission to go somewhere and fight some baddies and you walk all the way there and the baddies haven't spawned.

The interface is cool and easy to use, it has radial menus a la neverwinter nights

seems to be plenty of depth and things to do, so yes i like what i've seen so far

Greg W
05-06-2003, 02:08:34
But do you feel like you're playing Star Wars?

King_Ghidra
05-06-2003, 07:51:35
err...yes?

when i took the shuttle from mos somewhere to mos eisley, found the mos eisley cantina on the map, walked in and heard the sound of sy snootles et al i knew i was playing star wars.

when i walked through the streets and saw some jawas talking to each other next to a big dinosaur looking beast i knew i was playing star wars

when i bumped into one of thsoe funny power droids and t made that 'gronk!' nosie at me, i knew i ws playing star wars

when i started to walk into the desert on a mission and a speeder zoomed overhead making that old familiar sound i knew i was playing star wars

when i went hand to hand with a tusken raider i knew i was playing star wars

etc.

Greg W
05-06-2003, 08:46:16
Must be easier to please than me then. :p

I got bored by the fact thet there's no background to any of the NPCs. If you talk to them, they just say "Sorry, I am awaiting an item delivery from someone. And it's not you". That completely screws the whole immersion for me. Added to the fact that there's little real variety to anything you're fighting, there's no real story going on, missions are all fed-ex or kill stuff, you have imperial and rebel bases sitting 100 metres apart happily ognoring each other...

There's more, but you get the idea. To each their own though, maybe it's just me being jaded with MMORPGs in general, I have been playing EQ for 3.5 years or so now. To someone not quite as jaded as me, maybe it does feel immersive...

King_Ghidra
05-06-2003, 12:05:30
greg i think the main problem is that you are a miserable old bastard :p

Actually it's funny you mention being jaded because i just cancelled my subscription to UO. With that i found that my character was too hard (no challenges as such) and the game was just too laggy to play.

i can see your point about the location of the imperial and rebel bases and stuff, although on the other hand, these things need to be easily accessible to players.

tbh the npc intercation doesn't grate with me too much because isn't it supposed to be a mmorpg? that is, aren't you supposed to get your kicks by talking to other people?

perhaps the whole concept of mmorpg's is flawed, but at the moment i 'm getting my kicks exploring a new game and developing a new character, and thinking about it, it was working towards the goal of high-level character that gave me the greatest pleasure in UO - when i achieved it, it wasn't actually as fun...