PDA

View Full Version : Combat Mission mods

Sean
24-03-2003, 00:32:47
Which should I get? I have the CMMOS from combatmission.com, but now I find lots of scary stuff about rulesets and terrain and stuff. Help!

maroule
24-03-2003, 09:45:39
i'd love to help, but I'm having trouble with the cmmos myself
I can't get it to work properly, maybe Beta can help
I'm now trying to install the normandy mod for CMBO, which looks really nice

Beta1
24-03-2003, 10:05:29
I basically download then lot of the web site :)

The easiest way to make sure it works is to download all the rulesets (they are pretty small files), then download which ever mods you want - the installing process is pretty easy, just put the zips in a folder somewhere and follow the instructions to point cmmos at them. You have to have the rule set that corresponds to the mod or it wont work - at the combat mission hq site the rule set required for each mod is at the top pf the page where the mods are listed. I havnt tried cmmos for cmbo only cmbb so if your trying that I'm not much use.

maroule
24-03-2003, 10:59:51
what do you do exactly with the mods? you just dump them in your bmp file? what if it asks you 'do you want to replace existing files'?

Beta1
24-03-2003, 11:37:20
for cmbo I'm not sure. For BB you just put the zips somewhere safe - but leave them zipped, tell cmmos where they are and where the cmbb installation is and chose the mods you want off the cmmos selection. It then unzips, the required mods, backs up the original bmps and copies across the new ones.

Venom
24-03-2003, 13:11:35
Yeah, this mod shit needs explaining, I mean of course I know what a mod is but it all seems quite confusing in CMs case.

MDA
24-03-2003, 16:40:37
for CMBO I just download the mods and copy them into the picture or sounds directory. There's an article that recommends some good terrain, uniform, and vehicle graphic mods on that same site.

Start with the Mad dog 1 &2 mods for graphics and the one for sounds. Its not a bad idea to back these up, otherwise you have to start over with the ones from CD.

I've found the rulesets confusing, so I don't mess with them. Don't want to screw up any PBEMs.

Beta1
24-03-2003, 17:58:50
you wont screw up any pbems by applying cmmos mod rulesets - they just tell cmmos which bmps to switch. You will screw it up by installing the mods for different theaters (eg western desert mod)