PDA

View Full Version : Cannibal Ox

King_Ghidra@home
23-03-2003, 20:47:11
A friend introduced me to this band (rap group, whatever) recently. Basically they're a hip hop act with a very interesting sound, non-commercial underground stuff with weird bass lines. The album is called 'The Cold Vein', apparently it's produced by El-P of Company Flow. 'Iron Galaxy' and 'Raspeberry fields' are a couple of the stand out tracks.

[after doing a bit of research it appears that this came out half way through 2001 but i never heard of it...]

I can't seem to find a website for them but here's a link to a review of their album: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/c/cannibal-ox/cold-vein.shtml

Anyone else heard anything by them?

Provost Harrison
23-03-2003, 21:42:00
Nope, a mystery to me...

Debaser
24-03-2003, 14:03:59
Originally posted by King_Ghidra@home
A friend introduced me to this band ....

Was that Dan? He was talking about them to me. I've downloaded a few tracks, and so far I've liked what i've heard, but I can't say it's anything too remarkable. I quite like the track Feeling Ignorant, it sound vaguely Kool Keith like in places.

protein
24-03-2003, 14:10:49
Dan has some excellent music. He is always supplying me with good cds to listen to at work.

Funkodrom
24-03-2003, 14:17:46
Yeah he does.

King_Ghidra
24-03-2003, 14:55:29
Yes it was Dan, we had a little smoke up (got some magnificent skunk from mandela, amazingly smelly) and pro evo soccer session on friday night. Amazingly claire fell asleep on the sofa, such disrespect.

He was trying to get me to download some of the kid 606 stuff but i couldn't find any tracks via kazaa.

protein
24-03-2003, 15:02:14
He made me listen to that. He had vomited on the cd cover from doing too much ecstacy and listening to it.

It sounds like someone tuning a radio through a distortion pedal.