PDA

View Full Version : Tropico2: Pirates Cove Demo available

MDA
27-02-2003, 23:09:53
Once again... you rule! Only this time around you're a pirate. Tropico2: Pirates Cove is being produced by PopTop and Frog City Software and should be available in April 2003. Check out the demo HERE. (http://www.frogcity.com/tropico2/demo.html)

MDA
14-03-2003, 13:03:39
never take the recommendation of an award-winning fuckwit, eh?

Venom
14-03-2003, 13:24:45
What are they going to charge for what should just be a Tropico expansion?

MDA
14-03-2003, 15:15:23
Its not an expansion, its a new game of the same genre written on the same engine. :)

...roughly 40 bucks.

Venom
14-03-2003, 15:42:22
Oh I know it's a new game, I'm saying it SHOULD just be an expansion. Fuckwit.

MDA
14-03-2003, 21:33:23
I interpreted that as <should just be "marketed or sold as" an expansion>. Kitten killer.

Maybe the first expansion didn't do well enough to warrant another one.

I made up the engine part, but it sure has the same look/interface so I could be right.

Venom
15-03-2003, 13:29:30
No, you're right. It's the same engine.

MDA
15-03-2003, 16:34:56
I knew it!!!

Venom
15-03-2003, 20:52:53
You're a fucking genius.

Darkstar
19-03-2003, 04:30:57
They made it its own game as they wanted to use a different data set. After all, what kind of would be Castro should have to worry about supplying his people parrots and rum?

I haven't kept up with the game, but it started out as highly 'humorous' like that. Which is why it needed to be it's own game, according to the developers.

Venom
21-03-2003, 13:05:30
Castro loves a good parrot.

Resource Consumer
21-03-2003, 13:30:41
Originally posted by Darkstar
They made it its own game as they wanted to use a different data set. After all, what kind of would be Castro should have to worry about supplying his people parrots and rum?

I haven't kept up with the game, but it started out as highly 'humorous' like that. Which is why it needed to be it's own game, according to the developers.

Surely thats the way the Soviet Union worked but that was based more on vodka...

Resource Consumer
21-03-2003, 13:30:42
Originally posted by Darkstar

Surely thats the way the Soviet Union worked but that was based more on vodka...

Darkstar
21-03-2003, 22:22:22
echo!

Ah, but they didn't supply the people parrots (in place of hookers), nor iron hooks (as keys to the executive washroom), etc etc etc.

I'm just not very interested in Pirate Cove myself. If they had gotten Douglas Adams reborn spirit to give Tropico a make-over, then that would be interesting. But since it seems to be Tropico with an ajli humor of pirates as the vision, it just doesn't make excite me.

I don't think PopTop is even doing it. Just signing off on the project.

PopTop is supposed to announce their super-AAA new game project soon though. And that has the potential to be interesting... since it will not be HoMM, RRT, nor Tropico sequeal. Something new, but using their custom 3D engine we are so familar with. I suspect it will be a Neapolean or American Civil War though... since that is what their 3D engine was actually designed for, and something they key leads and big cheeses there love.

Although I suppose they MIGHT do some basic RTS game... Humm... Rise of Heroes on the Steel Rails of the Tropics? ;)

MDA
25-03-2003, 14:27:05
I'm dying to know: Will the parrot store have settings for standard parrots and norwegian blues?