PDA

View Full Version : Global Power

Qweeg
17-02-2003, 14:02:17
This looks like a good game, actually it looks like the game Civ3 really shoulda been- from age 4 onwards anyway. I' want to do a more substantial critique of it- but first I got to get hold of more then just the demo and give it a real seeing-too.

Initial reactions, looks good, alot of the kind of stuff I've wanted in a strategy game for a long time now, crap battlefield graphics though, if you're a real General/Marshal?Captain or whatever, you get paid to push ugly little match-stick tanks around an ugly map, but if you're just a fun-lovin gamer who falked out your well-earned gaming-units to play this thing- I think you deserve little coloured in tanks and aeroplanes that move their little turrets and aerofoils and kick up little puffs of dust and so on. Sound effects are good though.

http://www.gmxmedia.net/gp/

Nav
17-02-2003, 14:23:19
It looks like a good game. It really isnt.

Totally unrealistic, ie afganistan coud invade the usa in one game turn etc, ignoring the fact that you have to go halfway around the world, and through several other countries. It also has a lot of bugs...

It does have quite a cool nuclear war simulator, which is it's only redeeming feature.

I'd wait till they reduce the price to a fiver not the current 20.

Beta1
17-02-2003, 14:25:39
I does look interesting.

Maybe I'll try out the demo

Nav
17-02-2003, 14:26:49
Yes, definately play the demo first!

Qweeg
17-02-2003, 14:26:50
Originally posted by Nav
It looks like a good game. It really isnt.

Totally unrealistic, ie afganistan coud invade the usa in one game turn etc, ignoring the fact that you have to go halfway around the world, and through several other countries. It also has a lot of bugs...

It does have quite a cool nuclear war simulator, which is it's only redeeming feature.

I'd wait till they reduce the price to a fiver not the current 20.

Did Venom review this game once? What you said sounds familiar.

Nav
17-02-2003, 14:27:53
don't think so, but we discussed it ages ago when I made a news post about it. It's taken a long time for it to be released in the UK.

Qweeg
17-02-2003, 14:36:13
sigh. And so the looong wait for Rome: Total War and Republic: The Revolution plods on.

Venom
17-02-2003, 16:21:10
It's absolute shit. Don't even bother paying anything for it. Try the demo if you're curious. That'll be plenty.

Beta1
17-02-2003, 16:52:29
:(

Venom
17-02-2003, 18:38:43
It's easily one of the buggiest games ever made. And like Nav said, the logistic are completely non-existant it's a near pointless game. Except for the nukes.

Resource Consumer
17-02-2003, 23:34:53
all games with nukes are pointless, except for the nukes.

That's why they put the nukes in...

Nav
18-02-2003, 12:07:31
found an earlier thread about it, took me a while to realise they renamed it for the UK/European market (sly bastards)..

http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1522&highlight=Superpower