PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Fantasy Books Re-released

Scud Wallaby
12-02-2003, 23:33:35
Didn't pick up on this earlier... must be old age!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/202-0319507-2316618

Anyway, in light of this development i'll be spending cash soon!

(It's the little things you know...)

-Scud-

Scud Wallaby
12-02-2003, 23:36:16
Hmmm... link's buggered. The solution might be to type "Fighting Fantasy" in the Waterstones search engine. That's what I did.

-Scud-

King_Ghidra
13-02-2003, 09:23:00
I really liked no 2 'Citadel of chaos' and no 8 which was some kind of swamp based one and 'seas of blood' where you were a pirate, that was cool.

Oh and deathtrap dungeon, that was wicked.

Funkodrom
13-02-2003, 10:41:02
I think I might still have the originals in my parents attic... although they might have given them away.

Scud Wallaby
13-02-2003, 17:49:39
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
I really liked no 2 'Citadel of chaos' and no 8 which was some kind of swamp based one and 'seas of blood' where you were a pirate, that was cool.

Oh and deathtrap dungeon, that was wicked.

8 was 'Scorpion Swamp' I think, where you could pick one of three missions - good, neutral or evil, each with different endings. That was a good twist in the series.

I remember a really bas Space based one, where you got thrown into deep space and had to get back by correctly getting some co-ordinates to a wormhole? I remember it was possible to complete that one without even throwing a dice if you took the right route.

My favourites were the 'Sorcery Series' - 4 books where you could be a warrior or a warlock.

-Scud-

Scabrous Birdseed
13-02-2003, 18:05:59
Originally posted by Scud Wallaby
I remember a really bas Space based one, where you got thrown into deep space and had to get back by correctly getting some co-ordinates to a wormhole? I remember it was possible to complete that one without even throwing a dice if you took the right route.

I had that one! When I was, like, eight! Translated into Swedish! I lost my place then I couldn't continue. :(

King_Ghidra
14-02-2003, 08:52:10
Originally posted by Scud Wallaby
8 was 'Scorpion Swamp' I think, where you could pick one of three missions - good, neutral or evil, each with different endings. That was a good twist in the series.

Yeah that's it! The different missions was definitely why it was so good, it was fun doing bad things, as in all games.

-Scud-

That was no 5 i think, it was as frustrating as hell

Apoointment with F.E.A.R. was cool though, the superhero one, but that was like no 21 or something.

Debaser
14-02-2003, 15:33:24
Did any Fighting Fantasy books have characters as great as these?

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0552547050.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

FunkyFingers
23-02-2003, 10:25:06
Number 5 was Starship Traveller I think, and I never ever managed to complete that one, always ended up getting sucked in to the wrong wormhole or being executed or something like that.

There was a Mad-Max sort of one too I remember, where you were cahooning around, racing in old cars stealing petrol and you had to take a petrol-tanker load of gas to some last-surviving human utopia city or something? That was a good one.

Appointment with F.E.A.R? Was that the one where you weren't a hero at all, and if you got freaked out by something scary you lost "Fear points" and could be literally scared to death?

King_Ghidra
24-02-2003, 10:47:24
Originally posted by FunkyFingers
Number 5 was Starship Traveller I think, and I never ever managed to complete that one, always ended up getting sucked in to the wrong wormhole or being executed or something like that.

There was a Mad-Max sort of one too I remember, where you were cahooning around, racing in old cars stealing petrol and you had to take a petrol-tanker load of gas to some last-surviving human utopia city or something? That was a good one.

Appointment with F.E.A.R? Was that the one where you weren't a hero at all, and if you got freaked out by something scary you lost "Fear points" and could be literally scared to death?

Appointment with F.E.A.R. was a super hero one, no idea what that one is you're talking about.

I remember a mad max style one, but i also had the 'Car Wars' fighting fantasy style books which had a very similar theme too. in fact they were really cool, you could customise your car with different guns and weapons.
Games Workshop made a game, Dark Future, which was kind of a tabletop rip-off version.

Scud Wallaby
25-02-2003, 22:49:54
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
I remember a mad max style one,

Yeah - something about getting across state in a devastated future to pick up a petrol tanker - I think you could mod up your car...

Have to admit to being a bit of a geek about those books - I never cheated and would start again if I died. It's no wonder i'm so pale :lol:

-Scud-