PDA

View Full Version : Webscription...

Darkstar
07-02-2003, 04:31:56
Hey! Chagarra, or whoever else may be signed up at www.webscription.com (Baen's subscription thing)... is there a way to get their *older* books? I'd like to get that "March To The Stars". Baen's free book site lists going over to webscriptions and giving them a big $4 or $5 for the novels you like... you know, toss money at Baen and the authors.

chagarra
07-02-2003, 09:40:00
DS
*older * books...??
That is the latest of the series, a current bestseller.
For $4 bucks that's great value as far as I'm concerned. I pay in $au, twice that.
But purely from memory, that was one of the 47 titles on the ISO, therefore it would make better sense to buy the 'War of Honor' ebook, then d'load the ISO.

Send me an email, and I'll look it up.

chagarra

Darkstar
07-02-2003, 10:29:26
Hey, it was what the Baen free ebook site said. While perusing that, I saw they had a couple of titles I would be interested in.

According to the FAQ, they don't release the ebook version until the month before the title is due for release... They were up to June 2003 yesterday.

Anyways, Weber's March To The Stars was a 2002 title. November or so. So it was older... I didn't see anything in their FAQ that said I'd be able to access it. Only this month's available titles.

I'll send you an email tomorrow. Correction: I sent you an email through the board. Never did that before, so no clue if it really works. :D

chagarra
07-02-2003, 12:26:03
Works great to me... So long as you got my replies.

But seriously, registering for webscription is free, and you can buy individual titles, damn cheap.
I've paid up till next year, so I just d'load each month.

Just rechecked the CD, and I made a mistake, there are only 37 distinct titles.

Darkstar
08-02-2003, 05:55:59
Thanks for taking the time and answering my questions!