PDA

View Full Version : Unholy gig preparations?

Resource Consumer
15-01-2002, 16:47:08
Must be getting quite close now (well, next month). How are things going?

Funkodrom
15-01-2002, 16:51:51
Ah... the venue changed the date on us, the refurbishment they were having done is now lasting longer so the gig isn't until May 18th. :(

Trying to get something in Reading in the meantime.

We have found somewhere to practice regularly. We've got 7 songs (all between 3 and 4 minutes. :D). Enough for a set. If things work out we might get a gig with Left Side Brain in Reading one Sunday in the near future but we need at least a couple more practices first.

Venom
15-01-2002, 16:54:13
Got your outfit picked out yet?

Funkodrom
15-01-2002, 17:00:02
No. Which is bizarre, would have thought we'd have that sorted well before we had any songs. ;)

*End Is Forever*
15-01-2002, 17:27:05
Could always play a cover to pad it out... ;)

Metal version of Jimmy Eat World, anyone? :D

Venom
15-01-2002, 18:19:05
Originally posted by MikeH
No. Which is bizarre, would have thought we'd have that sorted well before we had any songs. ;)

Your two stylists can help.

Funkodrom
15-01-2002, 18:30:33
I'm sure they can.

Vincent Fandango
15-01-2002, 19:30:30
Play all Travis songs, but slower

Snapcase
15-01-2002, 20:43:41
Play all Atari Teenage Riot tracks, but twice as fast.

Funkodrom
15-01-2002, 21:31:23
I'm sure these suggestions are all positive and there's no animosity towards The Unholy's great material.

Snapcase
15-01-2002, 22:26:07
Er, well. How about playing all punk versions of Goldfrapp songs?

King_Ghidra
16-01-2002, 09:05:56
well we had several suggestions:

At least one member of the band was going to be wheeled on stage in an acid bath. And then set alight. Or fired through the back wall of the stage into the audience. Or all three.

Personally i wanted to start covered in a sheet. Then whip this off only to reveal a balaclava. Then whip this off to reveal my beautiful face (to the collective awe of any pretty girls in the audience).

Actually i quite fancied having a cape like Ozzy with UNHOLY stitched across the back. I need someone with seamstress/seamster (is that a male sower?) skills.

Oh and how could i forget - the orignal plan was for someone to violate a burning, bleeding goat live on stage. If anyone knows where we can get a goat it would be greatly appreciated.

Vincent Fandango
16-01-2002, 09:48:40
Originally posted by MikeH
I'm sure these suggestions are all positive and there's no animosity towards The Unholy's great material. Ah, you have songs you haven't published yet?

Vincent Fandango
16-01-2002, 09:50:00
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
well we had several suggestions:

At least one member of the band was going to be wheeled on stage in an acid bath. And then set alight. Or fired through the back wall of the stage into the audience. Or all three.
Sounds like a job for MikeH!
You definatly need some Kiss boots

Funkodrom
16-01-2002, 09:54:24
Musically we had some plans as well. The Wah Wah Wah Wah solo where Goat Lord would utilise two Wah Wah pedals, standing on one with each foot and wiggle his feet backwards and forwards whilst playing. We needed a crane to lower him onto the pedal contraption though so that was ruled out.

On the plus side, Goat Lord has a cousin who's actually a really good guitarist. He's going to come onstage belt Goat Lord round the head with a club knocking him out and catching his guitar as it falls and playing on with us for the rest of the gig. Goat Lord says it doesn't matter if he's killed as it's for a paying crowd which was good of him. Not that his opinion mattered we were going to do it anyway.

Recently I was thinking we could recreate King_Ghidra's entrance into the country (for those who don't know, he is a KGB sleeper agent who was fired into the country as a human cannonball from the Moscow State Circus on a tour in the late seventies) and launch him onto the stage.

Vincent Fandango
16-01-2002, 09:57:53
What about a beer bottle solo?

Funkodrom
16-01-2002, 10:36:56
Problem with that is once you get the right amount of beer in the bottle to keep it in tune someone drinks it. :mad:

Funkodrom
19-01-2002, 10:44:20
Our discography:

http://www.loudmedicine.net/unholypics/Disc.htm