PDA

View Full Version : Aerodynamic by Daft Punk

Funkodrom
15-01-2002, 11:02:42
Is that a Keyboard or a Guitar at the beginning?

It has the philosophy of a guitar solo* but sounds like it could be a keyboard with a pitch bender thingy. Then later in the song theres some stuff which is blatantly keyboard. I'm pretty sure it's a keyboard but I like the guitary feeling behind it.

*or a violin part which has been adapted for guitar.

Funkodrom
15-01-2002, 11:05:35
OK and to really confuse you there's a bit in Digital Love (which was their big single) at the end which sounds like it must be a guitar but has the same kind of sound as the bit in Aerodynamic. Then again, maybe that's keyboard too.

Vincent Fandango
15-01-2002, 11:18:33
I don't know the songs, but it's quite easily to create a guitar like sound on the keyboard - Roland got quite good sounds for example - as keyboard like sounds on the guitar -again: Roland has quite nice guitar synthesizers. You need to install a special additional pickup - that way you can play MIDI events via guitar (I tried that and it's amazing).
There are also some (even analog) FX that create keyboard like sounds

Funkodrom
15-01-2002, 11:20:48
I think it must be keyboard but it's quite hard to tell. It doesn't really sound like guitar, it'd be really, really processed guitar if it was but the attack and way the notes run sound very guitarlike.

Vincent Fandango
15-01-2002, 11:25:38
You can change the attack using compression or an expander. It's amazing that keyboards sound like a guitar if you add some distortion or a guitar amp simulation. Especially Hohner clavinetts ...

Funkodrom
15-01-2002, 11:30:32
Yeah, it's great playing whether it's guitar or keyboard.