PDA

View Full Version : Medieval Total War expansion pack

Nav
08-01-2003, 12:26:32
For real this time!

"Medieval: Total War - Viking Invasion challenges players to control eight new factions, including the Vikings themselves, the Saxons, Scots, Irish, Welsh and Picts, and embark on a campaign to dominate the British Isles. With a wealth of new historical heroes, players can lead a range of new units into battle, including Viking Berserkers, Saxon Huscarles and Fyrdmen, while conducting sieges enhanced by the introduction of flaming arrows and boiling oil."

I fear this might get a mixed reaction here...

maroule
08-01-2003, 12:43:02
The storm of controversy has calmed since.
I, for one and rather unsurprisingly, am happy. I am expecting more their Roman version though, but that's some way off.

Beta1
08-01-2003, 14:14:05
A great big, *shrug, so what* from me.

I like the idea of smaller regional maps (like the british isles or whatever) but dont really fancy the settings. It just sounds like large numbers of hairy men in kilts/skirts/whatever with large swords hacking at each other in fields.

The originals armored knights and longbows etc lend themselves to good tacticall fights, this just sounds like the scrum in the middle of the field...

maroule
08-01-2003, 14:22:21
you might be right, we'll miss the educated/civilised high tech faction (I love the Byzantine)

Shining1
08-01-2003, 14:55:37
...and embark on a campaign to dominate the British Isles.

See, I was right!:D

Goob
16-01-2003, 23:51:12
Could bring me back to the game... :)